Starting July 2018, all iOS app updates submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 11 SDK and must support the Super Retina display of iPhone X

So, if I well understand this now apply to app updates not only new apps.

I manage several apps that don't have the support for iPhone 6 and 6+ display and and certainly not even iPhone X.

In this case can I ignore the news or must I include the support for iPhone 6, 6+ AND iPhone X?

Before you ask that are very old apps and the proprietary of the apps is not interested to add the multiple display support, so all extra effort will not be paid.

Thanks

Replies

The question is if you plan on updating those apps on your own... If not, then it doesn't say new support is mandated (do it...do it now!), but - if you update, you must include device support as noted.

Interesting to note that devs were (supposedly) told the April '18 iOS 11/Xcode 9 deadline (which moved into early May, BTW) included updates, but now the info says July for updates, so I guess we can assume that actually means August, and any updates in the mean time are ok without adding that support...?

All clear - as mud.