Swift or Objective-c

i am new to iOS and i have a question in my mind that where to start for beginners,, i searched a lot about it,, few view about this is that objective-c is still needed in some situtation .

Replies

It's easy to integrate Objective-C code into your Swift code, so you can have the best of both worlds.

Check out:

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/ios/referencelibrary/GettingStarted/DevelopiOSAppsSwift/

Well, you are asking for an opinion, so.. Up to you. Swift is a better, more enjoyable, and more modern language, so personally I would learn that first and defer picking up Objective-C until you see it to be necessary.

Obtaining a casual understanding of the syntax in Objective-C would help in understanding code samples provided in that language.

According to my experience, if you have C++ background, I suggest you start from Objective-C because it is easy to start work. If you are new, it is up to you to choose Objective-C or Swift. But for future, investing time on Swift is a better choice.

Sorry for replying to an old topic, but my background is C++ as well, but I am struggling with the Objective-C way of doing things. Swift seems even weirder, as I still refuse not to use semicolons. Anyway, is there a way to develop for iOS in Xcode and use true C++ or even C#? I am more of a Windows developer so I am very used to the idea of double clicking elements in the UI to rightclicking to add events rather than connecting things, physically, like I did in KDevelop when I did my senior project in computer science.

Thanks.

Mods- feel free to move to a separate thread if neccessary I felt it was similar enough and no accepted answers yet.

Again, just my opinion..

FWIW I was a Windows and C#.net developer in a past life, though I have also always done Apple development.

I think you would be better served by learning to use the native tools and adapting to those on the new platform rather than trying to make them conform to a different model.

I this this is also good general advice for aNY software developer who plans to continue to be developing as platforms and environments evolve and change.