Mac AppStore on South Korea not listing my app. Support says that it is because it has Games among its categories.

Hi,

My issue is that my Mac app is not available on South Korea AppStore. I've checked that is set to be available in South Korea and also that "Display Trade Representative Contact Information on the Korean App Store." is checked as it is necessary for the country, but it is still not listed.

Am I missing anything? It is very important for me to have the app available in South Korea.

I have also sent it to Apple support and got the answer: "After doing some research, I was able to see that your app is not available in South Korea because our policy does not allow selling of non-iOS games in Korea.". Then I've asked: "Games is the secondary category of the app, if Korean AppStore doesn't allow games, shouldn't it be listed on Sports as it is the primary category? Do I have to remove it from Games?". And to finish the discussion I've received: "do (due?) to our polices I am unable to provide any advise. I would recommend that you ask your question under the developer forums."

Does anyone has any idea of how to make my app available on Korea? I have no guess besides removing the secondary category. It is a complete surprise all these information.

Thanks in advance,

Fernando

Replies

Asking us isn't fair, as you've seen the app and app review has seen it, but we're in the dark.

Least you could do is talk about what the app does...