Hi,

I hope someone can unblock me.

Dev environment:

• XCode Version 9.3 (9E145)
  • iphone 6; iOS 11.3.1
  • iWatch Series 3; 42mm; WatchOS 4.3
  • paid developer account?: yes

Problem:

My destination device is my iPhone+iWatch. I am given the option to trust my app on my iWatch; the ability to trust the iOS counterpart on my iPhone does not appear in Settings->General.

In more detail:

I have written an app that mostly operates from my iWatch with an occassional data push to an iOS counterpart running on my iphone. At some point yesterday I decided to remove the app from both my iWatch and iPhone and do a fresh install. I may also have tinkered with the simulator instead of the physical devices around that time.

While things had been deploying and running fine, I am no longer given the option within Settings to trust the app on the iPhone; I am from the iWatch. As a consequence, the app runs on the iWatch but its data pushes go to the ether.

After removing the app from both devices and deploying from within XCode, XCode throws up an error:

Verify the Developer App certificate for your account is trusted on your device. Open Settings on ***'s iPhone and navigate to General -> Device Management, then select your Developer App certificate to trust it.

Settings->General->Device Management is absent.

Launching the app that has been deployed to the iPhone, I am similarly instructed:

“Untrusted Developer” … not allow using apps fro developer… You can allow using theses apps I’m Settings.

Remedial action taken:

• I tried restarting XCode
  • purged ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/
  • I tried reinstalling XCode
  • Upgraded iOS from 11.3.0 to 11.3.1
  • *** I went ahead and created another dummy app to see whether I could deploy and trust it - again, I can trust on my iWatch but not on my iPhone.

There must be something else to clear/reset from within XCode??

At the moment my app still deploys to the phone but will not run because it is not trusted; deploys to my iWatch and does run because I could trust it.

Thank you.

Replies

Resolved.

Corrective action:

• From within Xcode:

Window > Devices

• right click on device > "Show Provisioning Profiles..." >
    • delete all profiles
    • delete the installed app from device
  • rebuild and deploy the app anew