We have Mfi Cert. I want to use Classic BT with iAP, but how?

Hi!
We are a big Industry.
We want to develop a Mfi cert Device.
We got this cert, is ok.
The "secret" device able to send 60 - 100MB data with BT Classic.
In Android we are use, the OPP. Perfect, working.
How to can define and use the iAP, over BT Classic, if the fastest transfer is the Goal?
Wifi is not optional!
The Mfi Website is ... not too Informative abuot iAP over BT Classic, iOS implementation.

Thnaks,

best regards

Roland

Replies

So, if its true, than iAP implementation on the Device is up to the Manufacturer?
Is an "open software stack", inside the RFCOMM chanel 1?
If i want to made a iOS app, and if i use the ExternalAccessory Framework,
than i will be able to connect to the device, if the device FRCOMM implementation CH 1
is defined (socket and port etc...), and in the device side, are the Authentication Coprocessor 2.0c?
Thats all? Right?

Roland,

Typically the chipset manufacturer will provide a reference implementation of iAP that you can leverage. Otherwise, you will need to write your own.

SPP connections in Android do not require anything special, but in iOS SPP requires MFI. You can use Bluetooth LE to transfer but it is somewhat slower. Bluetooth 5 however provides for 2Mbps PHY which is quite comprable to the 2Mbps Bluetooth EDR supports (although EDR also has 3Mbps). Actual throughput depends on variety of factors but you can expect around 1Mbps actual throughput.

>We have MFi cert

In which case, you may want to use your MFi support tickets. Most of the details, and the reason why the site is not too informative, are behind NDAs you agreed to when you finalized your MFi contract, and as such are off-limits here in devForums.

Good luck.