Beta doesn't show up in app store

Has anyone run into an issue of beta releases not showing up in the app store updates tab even after running macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility (or the public beta version)? In system preferences I have "Your computer is set to receive beta updates" showing, but app store does not show the latest beta (or any beta) and softwareupdate --list shows no updates available.

• yes how to fix

Add a Comment

Replies

I have got the same issue.

Someone on MacAdmins slack suggested checking the catalog url with:

python -c 'from Foundation import CFPreferencesCopyAppValue; print CFPreferencesCopyAppValue("CatalogURL", "com.apple.SoftwareUpdate")'

For me this gives:

https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.13seed-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

Which seems right, but still no luck in app store or cli. Might help you troubleshoot if that isn't set right for you.

Accept the new membership agreement and then it will work.

I'm having the same issue. Current OS is 10.13.4 Beta (17E170c). There are no new terms for me to accept on the developer portal. The macOSXDeveloperBetaAccessUtility installed without issue, but the app store will not display any available updates. Please advise.

I'm having the same problem. Currently installed version is 10.13.4 (17E202) and checking for updates after using the beta access utility shows no updates available. I've verified all agreements were signed; still nothing.

Sorry, the new membership agreement where?

Same issue as well

No idea why, but it just appeared for me.

Same here. Also happened with the previous beta, but I was able to install this one by going back to the released version of High Sierra, installing the beta profile and updating..

Did you ever find a way to fix this? I'm having the same issue...

10.13.6 beta 1, same issue. In my case it seems to be related to some corrupted stuff caused by backing up my previous MBP and restoring into a new MBP. In other words, for the same store account, I see the beta on my old MBP and on my Mac mini, but on my new MBP cloned from the old old, the beta does not appear at all. Sorry I have no solution, just a probable cause for the issue.

Is there any feedback from apple on this?

I just got my BRAND new macbook pro. The FIRST thing I did after going through the requisite OS configuration steps was sign into developer.apple.com and run the Developer Beta Access Utility.

NOTHING showing up in software updates.

Spanking new 15inch macbook pro

OS 10.13.4 (17E199)

Please advise, Apple.

Same issue, Is there a solution yet?

Thanks

I did a clean install on my Main test Machine and it Had OS 10.13.6 beta one but after doing clean install and running beta installer No 10.13.6 to be found. See wht happens after WDC later Tonight/Day/Tomorrow (Depending on location Time Zone) Monday June 4th 09:06 (UK)

Update: in my case one hint that something was wrong was that on System Preferences, right below the option that says "this computer will receive beta versions", there is a line saying "last update xyz" and a button "look for updates now" (sorry, my OS is in my local language and I'm lazy to switch it back to English to see the original sentences).

When beta was not available on the store, that line was saying "never updated". I would go to the App store, make sure I was logged in (go to "bought apps"), would press cmd-r to refresh, and SysPref still said "never".

Eventually after many refreshes and restarts of both app store and system preferences, sysprefs finally shown "last updated now" or something, and refreshing again the "updates" tab on the app store did finally show the beta version.

So I'd say make sure SysPrefs says "receiving beta" and look at the last update if it's a recent timestamp. If not, force refresh the app store, check your network, and wait a bit. Maybe, just maybe, when it switches to beta, it needs to sync the apps, or most probably the OS state, to know exactly which bundle to present. (e.g. it can be a small minor version bump, or it may be more than one version and a larger file).