Reporter.jar for March 2018 is returning double zipped files

For multiple regions and the consolidated report, I'm getting a double zipped file. For example:

java -jar Reporter.jar p=xxxx Finance.getReport xxxxxx, AU, AppleMusic, 2018, 6

This will return S1_XXXXXXX_0318_AU.txt.gz

After gunzip the file is S1_XXXXXXXX_0318_AU.txt. However, it's not a TXT file; it is binary. If I rename it to ".zip" and run unzip, I get two .txt files:

S1_XXXXXXX_0318_AU.txt

S1_XXXXXXX_0318_AU_1.txt

The AU_1.txt file is for 02/04/2018 - 03/03/2018 and the AU.txt file is 03/04/2018 - 03/29/2018

In the past requesting AppleMusic data for month N would return month N-1. Weird, but my software was trained to handle that. However, now I don't know how to interpret/trust the results.

Is the data in each file complete?

How do I know when .txt is a text file vs. a mis-named zip file?

Is this a permanent situation? Do I write a one-off program to process this data or do I need to change my main processing program?

Why does this happen for some regions and not others?

Is anyone else seeing this?

Replies

We are seeing this today. We see binary file also and yes, it's not happening to all territories. I didn't think about renaming the file to zip again though. Who can we contact for support on this since it's impacting our Finance application?

I also need a fix for this.

I observed iTunes has included financial reports for 8 weeks in 2 files this month. This caused the issue.

If iTunes connect merge report of 8 weeks in single file, then that will be the easiest fix for all the financial applications that use reporter tool.