Developer Settings does not appear after installing schoolwork

The docs says: After you install Schoolwork on a device, new developer settings appear that let you control ClassKit development mode behavior. Go to Settings > Developer on the device and choose ClassKit API.

However, I did install schoolwork but the entry "developer" does not appear - is there anything additional to be done?

Thx for any hint

Accepted Reply

To turn on the ClassKit capability select the root level of the project, pick the target in the editor and then select the Capabilities tab along the top of the editor area.

Replies

I'm assuming you've run the SchoolWork app itself. Those setting may not show up until you do.

You also have to scroll down a bit to find the ClassKit settings.

Apart from that, and I'm sure you've already done these, it 'just worked' for me.

Thanks for your answer, the schoolwork app asked me to enter an school-ID, which I do not have - maybe that is the problem. Where and what did you enter to sign in?

I didn't need to sign in. That's the purpose of the Developer mode. All I did was install SchoolWork, run it, find what you did about the sign in, and then went to the setting as that say to in the doc.

It's possible, just possible, that the developer settings don't show up until you've run up a ClassKit enabled app on your device. So if you haven't already done this, try that. If need be, download the sample project (https://docs-assets.developer.apple.com/published/df2890b823/IncorporatingClassKitIntoAnEducationalApp.zip) and run that on your device.

"the entry "developer" does not appear"

Is the device enabled for use with Xcode? The Developer menu should be available on any device you see under the devices menu in Xcode regardless of Schoolwork being installed.

Thanks, I had to upgrade Xcode to 9.3 and then it worked🙂

Now Im searching for the capability classkit, which I cant't find😝. is there anywhere docs which decribe the starting set up ( probably I missed that)

To turn on the ClassKit capability select the root level of the project, pick the target in the editor and then select the Capabilities tab along the top of the editor area.