What am I missing to be able to post assignments?

First off, I have SchoolWork 1.0(97) installed on an iPad Pro runing iOS 11.4 beta (my co-worker is runing iOS 11.3).

We have used the Great Plays sample, two sample apps we have written that don't actually do anything but declare and supply contexts, and an existing app that we have added ClassKit to.

It seems that no matter what either of us does when creating assignments the Save and Post buttons are always disabled. This happens no matter what activity we add (link, photo, app without activities in it, specific app activities, etc)

I filed a bug report (39578782) but it seems more likely that we are missing something simple. (I have even wipped the iPad and started from scratch to see if that would help).

Has anyone else run into this issue and found a way around it?

It is severly limiting our ability to test things as without assignments we can't see any progress to know if that half works.

Replies

It's a little counter-intuitive, but make sure you enter a title, and so on. In the add-activity page, there are one or two text fields, that if you don't fill them in, you can't post the activity.

Even with a value in every field the buttons are still greyed out and do nothing…

I encountered this briefly as well. For me, it was because I wasn’t filling out the title. It doesn’t really look like placeholder text, so I didn’t clue in immediately. I.e I’m just testing, so why change the title to something other than title? Turns out there’s actually nothing there, and it’s a required field!