More advanced notifications setup?

I personally sometimes need to be able to be woken up by my phone if certain people message me. For example, if it is night time my girlfriend can not call me because of her roommate, she will often times text me but it may not always be enough to wake me, even with repeated texts. What I am asking is to Update and advance the notifications center to continuously alert you when the feature is active (the feature could even be optional for the control center). This way people are alerted of things that they may consider urgent or pressing. The update may even go as far as, for apps such as Snapchat, to allow the user to specify the notifications even more. For Snapchat if the user has it set to continually alert them when “Bob” has sent them a message, or ‘message from Bob’, the alert will not be continuous if “Jenny” has sent a message, or ‘message from Jenny’. I am simply asking to make it possible to turn on this new notification setting and be alerted better and lower the worries of sleeping through or not knowing about an important or urgent message from a friend or loved one. For the avid or obsessive gamer, the same setting could work for game apps as well. Virtually any app could work alongside this new setting to simply give the user even more control over their device(s).

Replies

One strategy you can employ is to use a Notification Service extension so when the push notificaiton is received it creates a local notification which will get triggered with a given duration (IE: every 15 minutes).

When the local notification is fired (after 15 minutes), you can overwrite the previous notification and queue up the next notification. When the notificaiton is eventually opened or silenced, you can clear the pending notifications.

Hope this helps,

DT