How to manually merge xib files?

I have a xib file I need to manaually merge. Two people changed the same xib file. The merge version will contain some of each persons changes.

In the past I used opendiff.

```

$ opendiff SCIUIProgressMonitorViewController.xib $d/SCIUIProgressMonitorViewController.xib -merge $d/SCIUIProgressMonitorViewController.xib

```

when I use opendiff I can see the differences and select the final set of changes I want. How ever when I go to save the file I get the error

"File type can not be merge"

if I look at the xib file in a standard text editor. It looks totaly different. In opendiff it looks like a big plist. In a standard text editor its XML. Whats really difficulut is the plist keys do not match anything in the XML.

when I have had very small changes I could search for the value and sometime guess where the change needed to be made. That apporach is not going to work this time

Any suggestions?

Replies

No direct suggestion, except to select the version that will be your baseline and integrate all differences form the second file (thanks to opendiff) that need to be. I would advise not to work from XML, but directly in IB.

As you see, very limited help.

And in the future, you should force a stricter version control on developers, to avoid modifications in parallel on the same file.