Why do I need a Privacy Policy

I'm using auto-renewing subscriptions in my app, but the reciept data is sent to the iTunes servers for validation. And the receipt doesn't have personal info like a name, billing, as far as I know. So, because the app doesn't track, collect, or use personal info in any capacity why do I need a privacy policy? Do I just need to say that we don't collect info, and that you can cancel your subscription at anytime?

Accepted Reply

Apple established a policy for autoirenewables about 2 years ago that requires you to say (and not in just an alert but in a modal screen):

"Auto-renewable subscriptions are available from the App Store.\n • Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew (at the duration/price selected) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hrs before the end of the current period.\n • Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period\n • Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.\n • Any unused portion of the free one month initial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.\n\nPlease select one of the auto-renewable subscriptions below.";

And you also need a link to a website that contains your privacy policy and terms of use. (I think you need a link, not a statement within the app - but I am not certain.) That policy could be:

Privacy Policy

We do not collect any personal information from your use of our apps.

If we have any of your personal information

we will not knowingly sell or give it to anyone, except if lawfully subpoenaed

to produce it, and then only after offering you a reasonable chance

to challenge such subpoena if allowed by law.

Terms of Use

Standard terms of use apply to your use of all of our apps.

Further, you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from

any liability associated with your use of any of our apps and to

immediately stop using our apps upon any notice that

such use may be considered an infringing act. In no event will our

liability to you exceed the amount you have paid for our apps and any In App

Purchases made within our apps.

Replies

Apple established a policy for autoirenewables about 2 years ago that requires you to say (and not in just an alert but in a modal screen):

"Auto-renewable subscriptions are available from the App Store.\n • Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew (at the duration/price selected) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hrs before the end of the current period.\n • Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period\n • Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.\n • Any unused portion of the free one month initial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.\n\nPlease select one of the auto-renewable subscriptions below.";

And you also need a link to a website that contains your privacy policy and terms of use. (I think you need a link, not a statement within the app - but I am not certain.) That policy could be:

Privacy Policy

We do not collect any personal information from your use of our apps.

If we have any of your personal information

we will not knowingly sell or give it to anyone, except if lawfully subpoenaed

to produce it, and then only after offering you a reasonable chance

to challenge such subpoena if allowed by law.

Terms of Use

Standard terms of use apply to your use of all of our apps.

Further, you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from

any liability associated with your use of any of our apps and to

immediately stop using our apps upon any notice that

such use may be considered an infringing act. In no event will our

liability to you exceed the amount you have paid for our apps and any In App

Purchases made within our apps.

AWESOME! Thanks a ton PBK!

Thank you it Hepworth understand a lot more

what's a Hepworth?

Depends...going rate is USD$10/lb., I think.

IOk my iPad keeps freezing up and touch screen so I put high Sirrrea in it was bad mistake so it thanking me 3day to try and fix I have it back ok I want to use app from mac stay with 12ios add watch or iso,tv. Right

U can add Back sie your Safari and you can use that license

I have been up for 2 nights am not going to do,that again you ipad or pad done like Mac stuff updated u can update but keep how much stuff u agg don’t go over 15. Does that make since I can te;; u I just no good and makeing work ...loll