Open app from Wallet

I'm with a financial institution and we are in the process of setting up Apple Pay for our card program. On the "back of card" there is a place to list your mobile app and our vendor is asking for the following information:

App ID = Apple Wallet will provide a link for the user to open your mobile application. The App ID is the 9 digit iTunes Store item identifier. If the app is not installed, the link opens the App store and shows the app. If the app is already installed on the user's device, the link launches the app. (I have this App ID no issues here)

Mobile App URL = If App ID is specified, this URL is passed to the associated app when launching it from the linked app section, maximum lenght 128 characters. i.e. issuername:// (this is the one I am trying to find)

We have a developer that creates our app and they are not sure what I am asking for. They keep wanting to give me my iTunes store link which I do not believe is correct as that will only open directly to the store itself not directly to the app. My understanding is that it is something like Twitter uses "twitter://..." Though I could be wrong about that.

Where could I find this URL?

Thank you!

Replies

That itunes store link will also contain the app ID.

Google: itunes link maker