Post not yet marked as solved
5 Replies
6.5k Views
Xcode version : Version 9.4.1 (9F2000)Currently I am testing an an app using Automation with XCTest Framework.I am running into a series of issues with the UI where the element says it is visible (exists) and isHittable (Both are true), but the next thing that shows up is an Assertion Failure. (Note: This doesn't happen for the same element everytime. Sometimes it works fine with one element and doesnt with the same element).Failed to determine hittability of "notification2:title" StaticText: Error copying attributes -25202I found this issue in earlier versions of Xcode too but the Assertion failure gave an error "Failure to determine hit point for the element".Thins that i have tried:-> Adding sleep before checking if the element is hittable or when tapping on the element.->Adding waitForExistenceWithTimeout before checking for the element or tapping on it.These didn't help me.Adding to the above, due to the nature of the app I can't test it on the simulator. I am testing it on a real device. And below is the log that i print before tapping or checking for the element. You can see element.exists and element.isHittable both return true but gives an Assertion failure.Checking for the element is visible and hittable before scrolling the parentElement. Element is Visible--YES, Element is hittable--YES
Posted
by vivek5605.
Last updated