Post not yet marked as solved
3 Replies
4.4k Views
Dear Apple Dev Community,I am trying to find some clarity about the doability our app's pricing model.We are building an app that is based on user-generated content. For example,create a story, add some pictures, list the story. Much of the content willbe generated for free. However, we want to give users the ability to charge forpremium content. Create a story, add some pictures, set a price, list the story.As I understand it, allowing this kind of carte blanche price setting by ourcommunity is not allowed by Apple. Each and every new story (or "product")needs to be registered and confirmed via itunesconnect. Assuming I have thatright, we are considering building an approval admin panel. Users submit a story.It goes into the approval queue. We manually register that storyas a new in-app purchase product on itunesconnect. Once confirmed, wenotify the user that the story will go live with the next version update.So, here are my questions:1) Am I correct that each new user-generated fixed-price story needs to be manuallylisted with itunesconnect as an in-app purchase? Create and list is not possible?2) Does the suggested approach (create an approval flow) sound like a reasonable solution?Is there a better way to go? Would this work-around even be approved by Apple?3) Finally, based on the above, what in-app purchase type is this? From the below link,our approach seems closest to "non-consumable"?https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202023Obviously, I am new to all this. Patience and guidance appreciated.Regards,Peter
Posted
by peter141.
Last updated