Post not yet marked as solved
4 Replies
1.7k Views
Hi all,It was my understanding that Apple pass on the GST from sales on the Australian App Store to the developer. It would then be up to the developer to pass on the GST to the ATO through a BAS.In my Financial Reports I can see the GST that was charged for the months sales. I.eEarnedTaxes and AdjustmentsTotal OwedWhere total owed = earned + taxes and adjustmentThe taxes and adjustment equates to 10% of the earned amount, which corresponds to GST. However after I am paid, I only ever receive the earned amount, not the total owed. i.e I am not being paid the GST component.When I create a report for the month and download as .csv, each transaction has had GST subtracted from the amount. For example an in app purchase that costs the user 2.49 gives me a partner share of 1.58. This equates to the purchase price times 0.7 (Apple commission) then minus GST.If I am not being paid the GST, where is it going? Is Apple transferring it directly the ATO? I've gotten in touch with Apple about this, just curious if anyone else has experience something similar.
Posted Last updated