Post not yet marked as solved
16 Replies
18k Views
I am banging my head. I am implementing push notification. Everything is working fine (push is received, badge is updated) but under iOS 13.3 the method application(_:didReceiveRemoteNotification:fetchCompletionHandler:) is not called when the app is in the background. If the app is in the foreground or using an iOS 12 device the method is called. I register for push notification in the following way (yes, it is still Objective C)[[UNUserNotificationCenter currentNotificationCenter] requestAuthorizationWithOptions:(UNAuthorizationOptionBadge | UNAuthorizationOptionSound | UNAuthorizationOptionAlert) completionHandler:^(BOOL granted, NSError * _Nullable error) { if (granted) { dispatch_async(dispatch_get_main_queue(), ^{ [[UIApplication sharedApplication] registerForRemoteNotifications]; }); } }];The payload is set to the following:{"aps": { "badge": 10, "alert": "test", "content-available": 1 }}I tried adding "Remote notifications" and "Background processing" as app capabilities in all variations (only "Remote notifications"/"Background processing", without any of those capabilities, enabling both) without any change. I set the delegate for the UNUserNotificationCenter but again without success. I set the headers accordingly:curl -v \ -H 'apns-priority: 4' \ -H 'apns-topic: xx.xxxxx.xxxx' \ -H 'apns-push-type: alert' \ -H 'Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8' \ -d '{"aps": {"badge": 10,"alert": "test", "content-available":1}}' \ --http2 \ --cert pushcert.pem \ https://api.sandbox.push.apple.com/3/device/1234567890From the docs it states that this method is called even when the app is in background:Use this method to process incoming remote notifications for your app. Unlike the application:didReceiveRemoteNotification: method, which is called only when your app is running in the foreground, the system calls this method when your app is running in the foreground or background.I tried with and without background modes (Remote Notification, Background processing, Background fetch) but without success. If I use an iOS 12 device, the method is called.My goal is to process some of the information in the payload (there might be additional information).What am I missing here for iOS 13 (13.3 to be exact)?
Posted Last updated