Post not yet marked as solved
7 Replies
2.5k Views
I successfully trained an Object Detection model and exported in CoreML format.My model has 300 iterations and mean_average_precision is about 0.7.I then validate it with some images using TC and bounding box drawing util and it could recognize the object pretty well.I then downloaded the sample project for recognizing objects in live capture here:https://developer.apple.com/documentation/vision/recognizing_objects_in_live_captureWhat it's weird is that the object couldn't be detected in iPhone camera's portrait mode, no bounding box is drawn, VNDetectedObjectObservation hasn't returned any results. However, I rotated the iPhone 90 degrees counter-clockwise((home button on the right) and the bounding box appeared. If I move the phone horizontally, the offset between the bounding box and the object become larger.The same problem happened if I trained the model using CreateML app.I'm not sure that it could be a problem of Turi Create or Core ML, or the source code itself. Could anyone explain to me, please?
Posted
by kid9591.
Last updated