Post not yet marked as solved
0 Replies
In Version 14.2 Beta (23C5030f), existing playlists do not appear to be recognized. When Move to Playlist is selected, the program returns "Create New Playlist" even though there are existing playlists. This seems to be a new problem with this beta release.
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated
3 Replies
I have the checkboxes enabled in Music. Clicking on any individual checkbox does not visually remove the checkmark, however when you right click, it reports either Uncheck Selection or Check Selection. The checkmark remains no matter if clicked on or not.
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated
0 Replies
I build machines for government use. Users do NOT need GarageBand, iMovie, Keynote, Pages, and the rest of the programs that have invaded what was a clean OS. I need to remove this bloatware permanently. At one time, it was a fairly simple operation but there seems to be no way to do so now. Now it seems that after every reboot, GarageBand and it's invasive fellow programs are reinstalled. Thanks, Apple. Is there a permanent way to remove these unwanted programs (and that includes Chess and Sari and Maps and Stocks and a boatload more)?
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated
1 Replies
Scenario: Preparing machine used for testing for sale. Start in Recovery Mode, open Disk Utility from Recovery menu, select the Macintosh Data partition. Click on the Minus button to remove partition. Delete Macintosh Data box opens, get half-way through partition delete and stops. I left it for over 12 hours to see if it was exceedingly slow, shut the machine down because it hadn't changed and am now typing this message on that machine. Cannot delete the Data partition.
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated
1 Replies
Big Sur Beta 2: In Catalina (and every previous version of both iTunes and Music) if you clicked on the column headers (Title, Time, Artist, etc.) the files would be sorted by that category. That no longer happens. Why?
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated
0 Replies
I picked up a copy of Parallels Business Desktop to attempt to load the Catalina Beta. I installed the latest Mojave release and then did an update to Catalina Beta 5. Amazingly, it istalled and is working correctly with the very limited applications I've tried so far. I'm posting this on a Parallels virtual machine running on an iMac running the Catalina Beta 5. More info as I test applications to see if everything (I need anyway) will work.
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated
0 Replies
Latest Beta on both iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, and just to compete the cycle, iWatch. I want to add books to my iPad (used for in-house and real-world publications in epub). Once upon a time, a very simple process. Open iTunes (remember that program? Clunky but everythig worked), select Books (told you it was a while ago) and select the books to import. Now it's not so simple. If someone has figured out a way to load books into an iPad Pro, please tell me. I've tried File/Import, I've tried marking and drag and drop, I've used language that would have my mother washing my mouth out with soap. Nothing works.
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated
9 Replies
1.7k Views
Updated to Beta 5 today. Killed FIrefox. Uninstalled Firefox completely, reinstalled. Now I get the opening Firefox screen (the new install screen) but as soon as I click on anything....it crashes.
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated
0 Replies
2.2k Views
Once upon a time, iTunes (R.I.P.) had a very nice feature that allowed a top file "browser" which allowed you to browse sogs, artist,and album indifvidually. Such a nice feature. Easiest way to find dupe songs because you could select individual artist or Albums and see the titles in iTunes. That's gone. Speaking of dupes, why was the duplicate finding feature so gutted. In 10.14, you select Library/Show Duplicate Items and you get a nice banner at the top of iTunes (R.I.P.) which allowed you to display dupes from the same album or just in general. Gone. Gone. Gone. Who's brilliant idea was it to make you once again select File/Library/Show all Items to return to a display of all items rather than just clicking a Dupes button? More and more functionality seems to be disappearing in a quest to make macOS like Windoze.
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated
2 Replies
When I connect my iPhone to Catalina Beta 4 and select Sync Settings, the Finder opens, and under the General tab, both Backup and Options identify the phone as an iPod. The update works as expected but I'm not sure why the phone is identified as an iPod. Under the Backups: tabBack up all of the data on your iPod to this MacUnder Options: Show this iPod when on Wi-Fi
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated
0 Replies
Attempting to open one of my collection of epubs in Books. Books does not open, no respnse, no "Loading".
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated
8 Replies
2.1k Views
My personal observations. I know this is a beta (alpha really?) and I know things will change for the better (I hope), but some observations from the field.1. macOS is starting to suffer the same bloat as MS Windows. Features nobody has asked for, ever. I don't have any reason to give my people voicememos, podcasts, tv or anything not work related. Make this stuff optional. A nice checkbox will suffice.2. Intermittent, random program failures that may or may not be duplicated. Music (yeah, it's on MY private machine) is a prime example. Some time it works, some time it just sits there. A gigantic step backwards from iTunes (which had a number of its own problems)3. It's SLOW. Let me repeat that, IT'S S-L-O-W. The people I have who are testing this O/S now have Mojave loaded in VMWare so they can get work done in a timely manner.4. What is with "syncing" iPhone in Finder? Who's brilliant idea was that? I'm going with the same person who thought removing 99% of the functionality from what was a relatively decent (iTunes) program and making it a, to borrow a British term a doggies dinner.5. LIke everyone else, I'm waiting for the third macOS iteration in 2.5 years. It sure will be nice when it's 65% functional.
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated
0 Replies
I had this problem in the first beta and was hoping that it would be fixed in future betas. Didn't happen. Here's what happens. 1. Attach phone to iMac2. Open Music3. Click on iPhone4. Music opens iPhone (eventually. This is very s-l-o-w)5. Get a listing of songs on iPhone (this worked sporadically if at all oin first beta)6. Open Finder7. Click on iPhone8. Wait9. Wait10. See above.There is no indication other than the phone showing up in Locations that it's attached. Lots of clicking, lots of fulminating, a dearth of results. Now, this doesn't happen every time. It actually worked right one time after I updated to the latest Beta. Since then, bupkis. No iPhone banner in Finder, no little spinning doo-dah (I think that's the technical term). I actually could perform a sync one time. Speaking of Sync, just what purpose does the Sync Settings... button perform at the top right of Music? I've clicked it, I've cursored (and cursed) and hit Enter....no purpose, nothing happens, it just sits there smirking and taking up space.
Posted
by kgf3076.
Last updated