Post not yet marked as solved
2 Replies
2.2k Views
Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think Apple just deprecated the entire help infrastructure in Mojave.I am doing final testing on a new build of my app. It really bugs me that help anchors don't work. It seemed like I could sometimes get them to work in the past. But now, nothing. It is just a webview, so I decided I would just scrap the whole thing and do it all myself. 2 hours later, that's done. However, I still wanted to use those convenient anchors. I figured I would just call hiutil at runtime to extract the anchors and I would be all done. But hiutil doesn't work on Mojave anymore. It seems seems to create them OK. I can use hiutil to read a helpindex file created on Mojave. But I can't read the same helpindex file on Mojave. I suppose that's irony for you. The one piece of the old help infrastructure that I thought I could salvage in my new version is now broken.Congratulations, Apple! That's the sound of one hand clapping.
Posted Last updated
Post marked as solved
10 Replies
3.4k Views
I have an older phone that I would like to use for testing. It is an iPhone 6s running iOS 11.4.1I can run my app on the device, but I can't run any unit tests. When I try, I get the following error:dyld: could not load inserted library '__PLATFORMS__/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/lib/libXCTestBundleInject.dylib' because image not foundIf I try the exact same thing on my new iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 13.2.3, I get the same error, but the tests work fine.I've only seen this problem definitively referenced one other place: github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods/issues/9165I tried added "-weak_framework XCTEST -weak-lXCTestSwiftSupport" to linker flags and "$(PLATFORM_DIR)/Developer/usr/lib" Library search path, but it didn't help. I tried cleaning the build folder, deletingn the previous app, and restarting the device. Same problem.I guess I should have upgraded to iOS 12 when I had the chance. I didn't expect to get blocked on something like this. I would like to have some backwards compatibility. Is there any other way to upgrade an iOS13-capable device to iOS 12? I think the iPhone 6 was one of the few that is only upgradeable to iOS 12. I might be able to find one of those. Any other suggestions?
Posted Last updated