Post not yet marked as solved
3 Replies
Hi, Situation: I have a new app that has no version yet in the App Store. I have a build that is approved and pending developer release. I know that this build is actually not what I want tot release, so I'm working on a better version. But that better version is not finished yet.  The deadline to have a version of the app in the App Store is 2.5 weeks from now. Problem: I can't create a new version in the App Store unless I either release or cancel the approved version. If I cancel the approved version and I can't get the new version working within the next few days, I'm sure I have nothing to release. If I release the approved version, I have a version in the App Store at the deadline, but I don't want users to download it before the deadline. My question: Suppose I release the approved version with the territories/countries limited to 0 of 175 countries, I assume that nobody will be able to download the app. But I will be able to submit a new version for approval. Is that a correct assumption? Because if that is true, when the deadline is reached and my better version is not yet ready/ approved, I can release the lesser version to certain countries to keep the promise of the app being available at the deadline. If the better version is approved , I can release that version at the deadline. Will this work?
Posted Last updated
3 Replies
1.2k Views
Hi all,I have an app with a settings bundle in the app store. It has always been working fine, but on iOS 13.2 2 of the textfields are blank instead of showing the default value. Also it is not possible to put the cursor in those fields to enter text. Any idea what is happening?For testing purposes, I had xcode create a new test project (objective-c) and changed nothing except adding the following settings bundle. This very simple app shows the same issue for the textfields in group 5. Neither of the 3 textfields in the group are showing the default text and can't be edited.I hope someone can help!Thanks,Jennifer<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>StringsTable</key> <string>Root</string> <key>PreferenceSpecifiers</key> <array> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSGroupSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>Group 1</string> <key>FooterText</key> <string>a footnote goes here</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSToggleSwitchSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>setting 1-1</string> <key>Key</key> <string>setting_1_1_preference</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <true/> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSToggleSwitchSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>setting 1-2</string> <key>Key</key> <string>setting_1_2_preference</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <true/> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSToggleSwitchSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>setting 1-3</string> <key>Key</key> <string>setting_1_3_preference</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <true/> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSGroupSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>Group 2</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSTextFieldSpecifier</string> <key>Key</key> <string>g2_t1_preference</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <string>group2 textfield 1</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSGroupSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>Group 3</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSTextFieldSpecifier</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <string>group 3 textfield 1</string> <key>Key</key> <string>g3_t1_preference</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSTextFieldSpecifier</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <string>group 3 textfield 2</string> <key>Key</key> <string>g3_t2_preference</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSTextFieldSpecifier</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <string>group 3 textfield 3</string> <key>Key</key> <string>g3_t3_preference</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSTextFieldSpecifier</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <string>group 3 textfield 4</string> <key>Key</key> <string>g3_t4_preference</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSTextFieldSpecifier</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <string>group 3 textfield 5</string> <key>Key</key> <string>g3_t5_preference</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSGroupSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>Group 4</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSTextFieldSpecifier</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <string>group 4 textfield 1</string> <key>Key</key> <string>g4_t1_preference</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSGroupSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>Group 5</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSTextFieldSpecifier</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <string>group 5 textfield 1</string> <key>Key</key> <string>g5_t1_preference</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSTextFieldSpecifier</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <string>group 5 textfield 2</string> <key>Key</key> <string>g5_t2_preference</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSTextFieldSpecifier</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <string>group 5 textfield 3</string> <key>Key</key> <string>g5_t3_preference</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSGroupSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>Group 6</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSTextFieldSpecifier</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <string>group 6 textfield 1</string> <key>Key</key> <string>g6_t1_preference</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSGroupSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>Group 7</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSToggleSwitchSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>setting 7-1</string> <key>Key</key> <string>setting_7_1_preference</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <true/> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSGroupSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>Group 8</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSToggleSwitchSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>setting 8-1</string> <key>Key</key> <string>setting_8_1_preference</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <true/> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSGroupSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>Group 9</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSToggleSwitchSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>setting 9-1</string> <key>Key</key> <string>setting_9_1_preference</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <true/> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSToggleSwitchSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>setting 9-2</string> <key>Key</key> <string>setting_9_2_preference</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <true/> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSToggleSwitchSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>setting 9-3</string> <key>Key</key> <string>setting_9_3_preference</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <true/> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSToggleSwitchSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>setting 9-4</string> <key>Key</key> <string>setting_9_4_preference</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <true/> </dict> <dict> <key>Type</key> <string>PSToggleSwitchSpecifier</string> <key>Title</key> <string>setting 9-5</string> <key>Key</key> <string>setting_9_5_preference</string> <key>DefaultValue</key> <true/> </dict> </array> </dict> </plist>
Posted Last updated
2 Replies
Hi all,Currently, my app verion 1 is available in all countries. A customer in country A has installed my app.Suppose I remove a country A from the availability list in App Store Connect when I upload new version 2, what will happen with the app of the customer? I expect that the customer will not get an updateBut will version A still work for this customer? Or will that old version be blocked because the app is no longer available in that country?can the customer install version A again at any time (e.g. if it was deleted from the iPad, or in case of new iPad)thanks,Jennifer
Posted Last updated
Post marked as solved
3 Replies
1.4k Views
Hi all,I have an existing app in the AppStore. I would like to add in-app Purchases, so I followed the steps in https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/devb57be10e7When I want to enable in-app purchases in XCode, I get a problem. Because my app has a wildcard App Id, I can't add in-app purchases.So I have to change the App Id to an explicit App Id with the TeamId as prefix.I read the documentation on Potential Loss of Keychain Access here:https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/technotes/tn2311/_index.html and https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1726/_index.htmlI do not use the keychain, so I suppose I don't have an issue there.But: The app does store data in the Documents folder. Will the new version of my app with another prefix still be able to access the data that was store in the documents folder by the previous folder? Or will the 'old' data be orphaned and will the new version of the app have its own documents folder?Thanks,Jennifer
Posted Last updated
1 Replies
1.5k Views
Hi all,I have a version 5.2.7 of my app Ready for Sale.I submitted a new version (5.4.0) which was approved by apple and is no "Pending Developer Release". Unfortunately, this version still has some bugs and I do not want to release 5.4.0 anymore, but stay with 5.2.7 until I fixed the bugs.I know I can press 'Cancel this Release".I just want to make sure that pressing "Cancel this Release" will NOT impact the ready for sale version and that customers can still continue to use and install 5.2.7.I expect that 5.2.7 will not be impacted. Is that a correct assumption?Thanks, Jennifer
Posted Last updated