Post marked as solved
1 Replies
I'm experiencing an unresponsive UI since MacOS 14.0 and iOS 17.0 when calling record(for: ) or recordID(for:) on the instance of NSPersistentCloudKitContainer. On MacOS, the UI freeze almost always happens when calling the function. On iOS, it is necessary that the device (or simulator) does not have any network connection. I would like to ask if anyone experienced the same problem. I have posted the problem twice to Apple via the Feedback app (once for iOS and once for MacOS). No reply yet on MacOS but on iOS Apple marked it as resolved because apparently no one but me has experienced this problem. In the meantime, I have set up a minimum reproducible example app (MRE).: https://github.com/DominikButz/NotesApp-Cloud-Kit-Record-UI-Freeze- Anyone interested, please read the readme of the repository. It includes step by step instructions on how to reproduce the bug. I can't rule out I have misunderstood the usage of CoreData and CloudKit - in that case please point me in the right direction. The app I'm working on should also work offline (and on MacOS!) but it doesn't do so properly as long as this bug exists. I'm exploring switching to SwiftData (which would mean no one using macOS 13 / iOS 16 can use my app...) but I would still need to access cloud kit records even with SwiftData and I fear the bug also exists in SwiftData. Thanks
Posted
by duoyun852.
Last updated