Post not yet marked as solved
0 Replies
Hi, We have two VPN tunnels in macOS devices. when we started third-party VPN, it acquired almost all the traffic from the device in utun5. (this VPN is written in utun socket (BoringTun)) 162.156.0.3/32   utun5       Uc       utun5     When starting our VPN, which has the included route as 162.156.0.3/32 and it acquires the traffic. (this VPN is written in NetworkExtension PackettunnelProvider, ) 162.156.0.3/32   link#28      UCS       utun6 But we are not getting this traffic in utun6. even though both utun6 and utun5 are not getting this traffic, we are not sure where exactly this traffic is going. Ideally, it should go via utun6 as per the route table. Is there a way we can identify where that traffic is going? Below is our understanding while multiple VPNs exist. (Both VPN1 and VPN2 are using systemExtension with PacketTunnelProvider) VPN1 = Full tunnel VPN2 = Full tunnel In this case, only one VPN tunnel will exist, and whoever created it last gets precedence. VPN1 = Full tunnel VPN2 = Split tunnel => includeRoutes: 23.45.12.83 In this case, observed that two tunnels have been created and VPN2 tunnel will get the traffic from 23.45.12.83, and the rest traffic goes via the VPN1 tunnel. VPN1 = Split tunnel => includeRoutes: 23.45.12.83 VPN2 = Full tunnel In this case, two VPN tunnel has been created and   VPN1 gets 23.45.12.83 traffic and the rest will go via VPN2 VPN1 = Split tunnel => includeRoutes: 23.45.12.84 VPN2 = Split tunnel => includeRoutes: 23.45.12.84 This is the case where the same IP traffic is configured in both VPNs. Observed that two VPN tunnels have been created but 23.45.12.84 IP traffic was claimed by the tunnel which is created first. Is there any difference between utun socket and Packettunnel while acquiring the traffic?
Posted Last updated
Post marked as solved
5 Replies
In NEPacketTunnelProvider, we are having the full tunnel and once we are receiving the packets, we want some of the traffic redirect back to the physical adapter from tun interface. we tried sending traffic outside the tunnel but it redirect back to the tunnel interface. Is there a way we can redirect traffic back to physical adapter from tun interface?
Posted Last updated
0 Replies
Hi Team, I want to track fundamental metrics for the packetTunnelProvider and subscribe the MXMetricManager in packetTunnel but it did not call the didReceiveMetricPayloads even after using Simulate MetricKit payload. I can subscribe to the container app but In my case, it is not guaranteed that the host app is launched timely or at least once a day. Does the container app itself invoke in the background to collect the app and network extension Metrics in that case? Please suggest the way, how we can collect the metrics for network extension?
Posted Last updated
4 Replies
2k Views
Hi All, I wanted to perform the upload task in the background using a URLSessionConfiguration background session and after that, once the upload is done, I have to send the status API call to the server again. I have implemented the URLSession with background configuration and it is working fine and uploaded the file in the background or suspend state and invoke the app in the background with delegate. After uploading the file, I'm sending the status call to the server but it is not working and looks like the app is invoked for a few seconds and again went to the suspend state. Please suggest, how will I send status calls after the app invokes in the background for upload completion. Thanks in advance.
Posted Last updated