Post not yet marked as solved
0 Replies
1.1k Views
Previously you could find the data for your last Safari session in ~Library/Safari/LastSession.plist This file still exists on Monterey, but Safari doesn't seem to reference it or pull from it anymore. I have replaced the contents with a previous session, and none of it comes up when I use History>Reopen All Windows from Last Session. Instead, a totally different session opens in Safari - but I have no idea where this data is stored. I want to open a previous session in Safari, but since it isn't using LastSession.plist, I'm stuck! Does anyone know where Safari in Monterey stores session data?
Posted
by Taylor E.
Last updated
2 Replies
5.3k Views
Hey all! My understanding of the whole Macintosh HD and Macintosh HD - Data in Catalina was that you could delete, restore, modify the OS without affecting your data. I was having issues with my Catalina OS, so what I did was format the Macintosh HD drive while leaving the Macintosh HD - Data drive alone. I then installed Catalina onto the Macintosh HD drive.When it was done, I assumed it would associate itself with the pre-existing Data drive, but it didn't. Instead, it created a new Data drive and during setup it offered the old one as a drive I could import data from, but it wanted to duplicate the data to the new Data drive, and I don't have enough disk space to duplicate all the user data.I tested moving one of the User folders from the old Data drive to the new one, but that didn't allow me to log into that user.Is there a way for me to somehow tell macOS that the Data drive it should be looking at and associating with is the old one? I'm not sure how else to do this - all of the data is there on the drive, but the OS isn't seeing it as something I can log into as far as the User folder there.In Disk Utility, it shows the 3 drives:Macintosh HD - Mount Point: / - this has a little Finder icon on the disk. Under APFS Volume it says macOS 10.15Macintosh HD - Data - Mount Point: /System/Volumes/Data - this is the new, empty one. It has a little Home icon on the disk. Under APFS Volume it says macOS 10.15Macintish HD - Data - Mount Points: /Volumes/Macintosh - Data - this is the old one with all the data, there is no icon on the disk. This has no macOS indicator under APFS volume.
Posted
by Taylor E.
Last updated
2 Replies
Hey all - curious if anyone has run into this! Since beta 5 I am unable to go into Security & Privacy on my 2019 MacBook Pro 15". When I click on that Preference Pane, System Preferences freezes and needs to be forced to quit. After installing beta 6, the issue is the same. If I try a different user, instead of freezing, I get an error that says Security & Privacy is unable to load. This means I am unable to approve installation of apps that require manual approval, can't load certain system extensions that require me to approve them in that pane, and can't give apps like Dropbox the permissions they need to operate. Any thoughts on how to fix? šŸ™‚
Posted
by Taylor E.
Last updated