Post not yet marked as solved
1 Replies
We have a problem with multiple subscriptions in an App Store Connection Subscription Group being owned at the same time. Is this normal behaviour? Shouldn't it be only be 1? We have 4 Subscriptions available for our app in a Subscription Group, but when one Subscription is purchased and then an attempt to upgrade/downgrade is made it displays the normal inapp purchase dialog box again (the same text as first time, no discussion of an upgrade/downgrade..should it?) and the status after the second purchase is 2 subscriptions are owned concurrently. The expected behaviour after an upgrade is only the 1 new subscription is owned, and the old subscription is cancelled. Subscriptions Group: Standard Professional Premium Enterprise E.g. The user purchase the Professional subscription. Then click to purchase Premium which should be an upgrade, and they should no longer own Professional. However, our view of the receipt (via a library) says the user still owns Professional and Premium at the same time.. not just Premium. Could it be the configuration? Library? Or is this expected behaviour that we need to handle with custom code?
Posted Last updated
Post not yet marked as solved
1 Replies
I have 3 inapp purchase subscriptions in 1 SubscriptionGroup: Basic, Standard, Premium, and in testing I do the the following actions: (Purchase) Basic (Upgrade) Standard (Upgrade) Premium (Downgrade) Basic (Upgrade) Standard How can I determine from the apple inapp purchase transactions which is the currently owned Subscription? And which is the renewal product? I understand given Apples rules on subscriptions "Premium" would be owned and "Standard" would renewed. However, I don't have access to the auto_renew_product_id information in the receipt from our api provider and need to determine the renewal product from just the transactions and dates. After running through the above Subscription actions the 3 products had the following details: Basic: { "renewalIntent": "Renew", "lastRenewalDate": "2021-03-04T00:29:42.000Z", "purchaseDate": "2021-03-04T00:25:28.000Z", "expiryDate": "2021-03-04T00:34:42.000Z" } Standard: { "renewalIntent": "Renew", "lastRenewalDate": "2021-03-04T00:29:42.000Z", "purchaseDate": "2021-03-04T00:27:29.000Z", "expiryDate": "2021-03-04T00:34:42.000Z" } Premium: { "renewalIntent": "Renew", "lastRenewalDate": "2021-03-04T00:29:42.000Z", "purchaseDate": "2021-03-04T00:29:45.000Z", "expiryDate": "2021-03-04T00:34:42.000Z" } As you can see all Subscriptions still have a "Renew" intent, and all the same purchase and lastRenewalDate. Apple seems to give them all the same purchaseDate even though they were purchased a number of minutes apart..? How can I determine the current/renew product form this? Is there another field I should look at.
Posted Last updated