Post not yet marked as solved
0 Replies
Hello, I am running the most recent Ventura public beta and have noticed the following irregularities. I have a suspicion that they might be related in some non-obvious way. For one, in the settings for automatic updates, I am unable to toggle the switch for automatically downloading and installing macOS updates (the third one, I believe it is, as I’m not near my desk right now). It’s set to off and flips back there whenever I try to activate it. I can’t tell when exactly this behaviour started, unfortunately, but it’s been like that for at least several weeks now. Furthermore, only last night I noticed that a similar problem exists with the Time Machine settings. I have been using a 2 TB TC with this Mini for about two years now with no issues so far, but more by coincidence, I suddenly noticed that the TC is displayed as „not configured“. After adding it anew, I also found that I cannot change the backup interval as the drop-down will always revert to „Manually“ whenever I attempt to change it. I even went as far as erasing all previous backups on the TC to start afresh, but this hasn’t had any effect either. I‘d appreciate any ideas I might try. Many thanks, Dom
Posted
by NGT6_1315.
Last updated
Post not yet marked as solved
3 Replies
Hello,As I could not seem to find any other solutions, I wanted to ask whether any of you might have encountered the following Time Machine bug as well:Following the upgrade to the 10.15 beta, TM seems to have had problems adding any increments to an existing backup volume containing files from an earlier release - which is the first part of the issue I'm facing. After I begrudgingly formatted the backup volume, I then noticed TM would not be able to complete any backups on the same volume, even though it is properly formatted.The error message I keep being displayed is, "Time Machine could not complete backup on <name of volume>. An error occurred while copying files." In addition, the TM settings tab seems to be stuck on the "waiting for backup to finish" status.I tried using both an USB hard drive and a Western Digital My Cloud NAS, both yielding the same issue.I noticed there has been a multitude of different error reports concerning TM in the 10.15 beta, but I could not seem to find any reports matching the above issue. If this is a new problem which has indeed not been reported previously, I would be happy if it could be looked into. I can provide further details if required, of course.Thanks and be safe, everyone!
Posted
by NGT6_1315.
Last updated