Post marked as solved
1 Replies
1.4k Views
Is there any way to support dark appearance launch screens in apps with deployment targets lower than iOS 11?Trying to use dynamic colors I get the following error: "Named colors do not work prior to iOS 11.0."I read that you can use "System background color"... but that's just the background. What about other (custom) colors? It seems that Apple really forgot about something fundamental here.
Posted Last updated
Post not yet marked as solved
1 Replies
2.0k Views
Did anyone manage to successfully customize the new UITabBarItem appearance?On old tvOS version I could set the tab bar item color using title text attributes on UITabBarItems directly. On tvOS 13 this still works partially... it changes the text color on items with normal state (though the system modifies this color). Focused & selected items can't be changed at all. I can change the selectionIndicatorTintColor... but without being able to change the text foreground color this is almost useless (e.g. image setting selectionIndicatorTintColor to black... without being able to set the text color to white the text is invislble).My questions:1.) Is there any way to use exact text colors in UITabBarItems while in normal state (without the system changing them).2.) Is there any way to change the text colors in UITabBarItems while in selected/focused state (any at all??)3.) How do you use the new UITabBarItemStateAppearance class? The normal/selected/disabled/focused properties are nil. They are readonly and can't be set. The initializers are unavailable which indicates that these properties should be non-null by default. Is this still work in progress (comming in a later seed) or am I missing something?
Posted Last updated
Post not yet marked as solved
3 Replies
1.7k Views
Did anyome manage to change the new UITabBar style & behaviour back to what it was in tvOS 12? I tried to mess with the new standardAppearance property a bit... but no success.I don't really mint the new style... the design can be adjusted. But I simply can not accept the new "always on top" behaviour. I want the tab bar to hide when focus moves to selected view controller.If there is no way to change the behaviour I'll be forced to implement a replacement for UITabBarController. But I would like to avoid this if possible.
Posted Last updated