Post not yet marked as solved
0 Replies
I have set up a UIApplicationShortcutItem that appears when I hard press on my app on the home screen. I have set up my ShortcutItem as static. My app is a soundboard that plays sounds when a button is pressed. To play the sounds I am using AVFoundation AVAudioPlayer to play the sounds. My question is, How do I play a sound when the shortcut item is pressed on the home screen?This is the code in the AppDelegate I tried to use to play the sound when the shortcut item is pressed.It is just a part of the entire AppDelegate code. I tried using some of Apple's example code.func application(_ application: UIApplication, didFinishLaunchingWithOptions launchOptions: [UIApplication.LaunchOptionsKey: Any]?) -> Bool { // Override point for customization after application launch. if let shortcutItem = launchOptions?[UIApplication.LaunchOptionsKey.shortcutItem] as? UIApplicationShortcutItem { shortcutItemToProcess = shortcutItem } return true } func application(_ application: UIApplication, performActionFor shortcutItem: UIApplicationShortcutItem, completionHandler: @escaping (Bool) -> Void) { // Alternatively, a shortcut item may be passed in through this delegate method if the app was // still in memory when the Home screen quick action was used. Again, store it for processing. shortcutItemToProcess = shortcutItem } func applicationDidBecomeActive(_ application: UIApplication) { // Is there a shortcut item that has not yet been processed? if let shortcutItem = shortcutItemToProcess { // In this sample an alert is being shown to indicate that the action has been triggered, // but in real code the functionality for the quick action would be triggered playSound(sound: "davie504-epic", type: "wav") let alertController = UIAlertController(title: "Quick Action", message: "\(shortcutItem.type) triggered", preferredStyle: .alert) alertController.addAction(UIAlertAction(title: "Close", style: .default, handler: nil)) window?.rootViewController?.present(alertController, animated: true, completion: nil) // Reset the shortcut item so it's never processed twice. shortcutItemToProcess = nil } }Thank you for your time.
Posted Last updated