Post not yet marked as solved
1 Replies
1.7k Views
A while ago I started developing a hobby web app aroune Apple Music, and I created a script to generate my JWT and I used it with MusicKit and with Apple Music API and everything was working perfectly fine, and now I came back and wanted to continue the project from where I left off and I tried using the same code (I literally ran the same script without changing anything, it already had the p8 file and the team ID and app key etc..) so I generated a new JWT with that script, and for the Apple Music API it's working as it should, but for the MusicKit (only tried for web) it seems to not work. For some reason when I try to authorize the user (w/ MusicKit for web) it does open the authorization pop up window and after the user enters their Apple Music credentials and tries to login, the pop up windows says there's an error, and in the URL I can see an "error" query param with the value "ERROR_FAILED_TO_VERIFY_JWT" (but the JWT is clearly working fine with Apple Music API...) I already opened an issue report on the feedback assistant, but I was thinking maybe someone has/had the same problem and knows how to solve it or what causes it :)
Posted
by 0132.
Last updated
0 Replies
I want to unit test my web app and I was wondering if there's any way of creating a sandbox user where I can change stuff about that account in order to test my web app (for example make the subscription expired and stuff like that, stuff that might happen to users in a live project)
Posted
by 0132.
Last updated
1 Replies
I'm trying to use MusicKitJS inside my ReactJS web app and I tried to do some tricks that usually work with non-react libraries, but in MusicKitJS's situation it for some reason drops a lot of frames and make the entire web app lag so much that it's almost unusable.. I'm writing here to see if someone has a good solid solution / trick on how to implement and use MusicKit in ReactJS with good performance...
Posted
by 0132.
Last updated
2 Replies
I have saved in a local JSON file some song IDs (So I won't need to call the API everytime I test stuff in my player), and I see that a lot of song Ids have changed and no longer point to their songs when trying to play them via MusicKit, nor when trying to access the metadata via the Web APIWhat I'm asking is if there's a way of still being able to get songs metadata with the old IDs? (because for me a change of Ids will be very problematic with some of my future features...)Anyway, here's a couple of songs with their old IDs and their new ones: (You can try and fetch metadata or try to play them with the old Ids, but it won't work, only the new ones work)Wonderwall by Oasis, old Id: 1456844334, new Id: 895279610Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis, old Id: 1456846387, new Id: 895279611there are more then 10 other songs that I know of, but I don't even know if someone from the MusicKit SDK team will see this so IDK what's the point will be in naming all of them...
Posted
by 0132.
Last updated
3 Replies
1.2k Views
In general I can play songs both via MusicKit JS and MusicKit for Android, but for some reason some songs can't be played, and giving the following error on MusicKitJS:Uncaught (in promise) UNKNOWN_ERROR: adamId: 1328655391 not found I didn't check if/what error the MusicKit for Android is giving but I tried to play the songs in there and it won't play these songs..What I tried to do: (In MusicKit JS)- I checked to see that the music.player.quque[0] has the info about the song i'm trying to play, in order to make sure that it does load the song meta data, and it does, I can see that it's giving me all the info about the song, artist and album of the song i'm trying to play..- I checked to see that isRestricted == false and that isUnavailable == false, and they are... (which means I should be able to play these songs in my region / country)- I tried to play these songs on my iPhone in the built-in Apple Music app and it all works in there, so that guarantees that it's not a restriction issue of some sort...Some of the songs that I can't play because I'm getting the above error:- Zombie by The Cranberries, Apple Music ID = 1328655391, ISRC ID = USIR29400443- Highway to **** by AC/DC, Apple Music ID = 579449210, ISRC ID = AUAP07900028- Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden, Apple Music ID = 1253265014, ISRC ID = USAM19400007The full error I'm getting in MusicKitJS: https://pastebin.com/KHaK4xsaI'd love to know if there's anything I can do to solve this problem, or do I just need to wait for an update to the SDK?
Posted
by 0132.
Last updated
7 Replies
1.7k Views
I'm using MusicKit JS to try and login to my Apple Music account and try to play my library on the browser but for some reason I found out that if my browser's language is set to almost anything other than English, MusicKit won't let the user login and in the console it'll give tho following error:ember-i18n has been deprecated in favor of ember-intlI tested it on Firefox, Chrome and Opera and it happens on all of them, when their language is set to anything but English MusicKit isn't working, but when you set it back to English then MusicKit works...* I couldn't find on the Apple Music API website any regions / languages with restriction of using this SDK so I don't know why it only works when the browser's language is set to English...Please let me know if this is a bug and if it is how can I report about it to Apple?
Posted
by 0132.
Last updated
1 Replies
1.6k Views
I'm doing everything like in the docs and after I get to the login screen and login with my apple music it loads an empty webpage and in the browser's console there's this error:"ember-i18n has been deprecated in favor of ember-intl"I'd love to get help with this problem πŸ™‚Here's my full code:var appleDevToken = "<MY-APPLE-MUSIC-JWT>"; //this token works for me with the Apple Music API document.addEventListener('musickitloaded', () => { const music = MusicKit.configure({ developerToken: appleDevToken, app: { name: 'AppleMusicKitExample', build: '1978.4.1' } }); music.authorize().then(musicUserToken => { console.log(`Authorized, music-user-token: ${musicUserToken}`); }); });
Posted
by 0132.
Last updated
Post marked as solved
2 Replies
I'm trying to let the user listen to songs by looking up their ISRC id, but the Web API doesn't always gives results, for example it won't find this one "GBAHS1900672" (Ed Sheeran's I Don't Care)Is there any other way to find songs by their ISRC id other than using the "filter[isrc]" in the url ?
Posted
by 0132.
Last updated
1 Replies
1.4k Views
I downloaded the official apple music example for Android but the code is unreadable with no notes at all and apple hasn't posted docs or guides other than the javadoc which is not really helpful for starting with MusicKit..I managed to authenticate with my premium Apple Music account and play the example songs in the example app but I can't understand how to play a certain song by its Id, for instance I have this apple music song Id: "1440783625" and I want to retrieve the song's info and play it using MusicKit SDK..I'd love to get some help from someone that managed to use MusicKit on Android, TNX πŸ™‚
Posted
by 0132.
Last updated