ld: warning: directory not found

After upgrading an existing swift project I am seeing the following warning when it builds the tests:

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-F/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS9.0.sdk/Developer/Library/Frameworks'

That directory does not exist.. should it be looking for SDKs/iPhoneOS9.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks?

Is this something that needs fixing within my project files/build settings/etc?

Replies

Seeing the same thing with my projects. Later today will create new projects and see if the issue persists. Perhaps this is something missed by the project settings update process.

Found something when comparing a new project vs an older one...

In the old project, the warning was only being produced by the test target of my projects. Under 'Search Paths', I found it was including two items under 'Framework Search Paths':

$(SDKROOT)/Developer/Library/Frameworks

$(inherited)

The new project kept the 'Framework Search Paths' empty.

Deleting those entries in my older project then removed the warning.

Note: I have not exhaustively compared settings, so there may be additional differences.

The Solution from "rsharb" is right !

You only have to go unter your Project to Targets Tests

Search Paths

Framework Search Paths

and delete $(SDKROOT)/Developer/Library/Frameworks

the other one $(inherited) you can keep

That is the step by step Solution .

It worked for me fine . I hope I works for you too.

With best regards Philipp

Thanks to "rsharb" for the solution .

Brilliant!

Thanks.

Many thanks for the solution!

Sorry I am new to this and really struggling to work out how to fix my project I am working on. When you say go under your project to Target Test, what is that? The test navigator? If so where is the search paths. I am not sure how you get to delete the framework. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Will

Thanks a lot.. It worked!!!

Thanks so much!! No warning now 🙂🙂

I have the same issue, i solved by this way,

first close your xcode

its easy to remove finding in your xcodeproj with Atom... in project.pbxproj ctrl+f 'search' find "$(SDKROOT)/Developer/Library/Frameworks", and remove, save, and reopen your project, but now I do not know what consequences these changes will bring,

I did the same. I installed the Firebase before that. But I got 'No such module Firebase' after deleting the paths. Why