Has anybody got entitlement for SimpleTunnel sample app for NetworkExtension framework iOS 9 beta

Hi,

I am working on a concept app which requires NetworkExtension framewrok's extended features. I am using Xcode 7.0 beta and iOS 9.0 beta. Apple has provided a sample app named "SimpleTunnel" which uses this framework. To run the app, we have to get entitlement from Apple.

I have submitted my request to networkextension@apple.com some days back and I still don't have any response from them.

If anybody has the same thing, please let me know. Also, if you can describe how to use those entitlement, it will be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Reply

Lots of folks have received approval already (you’ll find other threads discussing this API right here in this topic area of DevForums) but it can take a while.

I have submitted my request to networkextension@apple.com some days back and I still don't have any response from them.

Do you mean “no response” or “no approval”. That is, did you get the auto ACK that includes the questionnaire?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

Lots of folks have received approval already (you’ll find other threads discussing this API right here in this topic area of DevForums) but it can take a while.

Do you mean “no response” or “no approval”. That is, did you get the auto ACK that includes the questionnaire?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"

Hello,

I have get the approval of network extension entitlements. I have already make my VPN run on my test devices. Now i want to distribute the VPN app, i creat an In house distribution provisioning profile, but there is no panel of "Do You Need Additional Entitlements ?" for In house distribution provisioning profile. I use this provisioning profile to archive the VPN app, i get a ipa and plist ,then i install the app on devices which are not registed for development , it fails. And the log shows 'entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension' has value not permitted by provisioning profile 'onlycsvpn_dis''.

Why there is no panel of "Do You Need Additional Entitlements ?" for In house distribution provisioning profile?

Does anyone meet the problem?

Why there is no panel of "Do You Need Additional Entitlements ?" for In house distribution provisioning profile?

By default we only grant these entitlements for Development and Distribution profiles. If you need these entitlements for your In-House Distribution profiles, please let us know by replying to the ‘entitlements granted’ email you got from us. Make sure that you:

• include the “Follow-up: ***” line, so your email gets routed correctly

• are specific about which Team ID you’re using for in-house distribution

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"

Hi,

How long will the progress usually take?

I had reply the email with questionnaire on 12/15, but got “no response” since then.

Thanks.

How long will the progress usually take?

Check out this thread.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"

DTS will close for the winter holidays at the end of business on Wed, 23 Dec 2015 and re-open on Mon, 4 Jan 2016.

Hello, how do you solve this problem? I have encountered this problem.

Follow-up: 647416800

I have get the approval of network extension entitlements. Now i want to creat an In house distribution provisioning profile, but there is no panel of "Do You Need Additional Entitlements ?" for In house distribution provisioning profile.Why there is no panel of "Do You Need Additional Entitlements ?" for In house distribution provisioning profile?

This will need fixing at our end. Please contact the Network Extension approval folks by replying to the email that they sent you when you were granted these entitlements.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

What should we prepare for Apply the entitlement of " In house distribution provisioning profile"?

What should we prepare for Apply the entitlement of " In house distribution provisioning profile"?

Please open a new thread for this question. The situation with Network Extension entitlements changed radically in Nov 2016, making all the backstory in this thread irrelevant.

To learn about the Nov 2016 change, read Network Extension Framework Entitlements.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”