code sign wants to sign using key - Doesn't allow or always allow but deny works

Hi guys,

I'm tearing my hair out with this, i have been exporting my certificate for signing and installing on my new machine many times but since i have updated to El Capitan, i have been having issues. At first, i thought i must be exporting wrong, so i created a brand new certificate from the portal and installed but yet i have the same problem.

The certificate and key exists in the keychain, but then when i build to device, it checks the keychain to authorise the use of the certificate and keychain and all that happens is the alert window appears requesting the "codesign wants to sign using key "x" in your keychain" and the buttons Always Allow, Deny and Allow, when i press Always allow or allow, nothing happens, only deny works.

Whats going??? Surely im not doing something wrong am i?

Thanks

Andrew.

Accepted Reply

I found a solution!

I am using a software to make the movement of my mouse smoother. The app is called "SmoothMouse" and if it is active, it's impossible to click prompt asked by the keychain. I deactivated it and everything worked fine.

So, if you use VPN or any software that simulate/modify your mouse position, keychain won't let you click on it's popup messages.

Replies

Same Issue than gusTeam

I tried to reset the password , still can't save changes

Please Help

I found a solution!

I am using a software to make the movement of my mouse smoother. The app is called "SmoothMouse" and if it is active, it's impossible to click prompt asked by the keychain. I deactivated it and everything worked fine.

So, if you use VPN or any software that simulate/modify your mouse position, keychain won't let you click on it's popup messages.

Oh my god, you are right!

I closed magicprefs - i used this app to make the mouse more sensitive.

After closing magicprefs, boom it worked!

Same issue with a Wacom Tablet – disconnecting it, repeating the action to present the dialog, and using the built-in trackpad on my MacBook worked.

Oddly, disconnecting the tablet while the dialog was visible didn't seem to be enough. The dialog had to be dismissed and presented again before the trackpad clicks started working.

Same problem - can't click Allow through remote desktop.

Is there no option to control this behaviour???

Thanks for that! In my case, I had "A Better Touch Tool" running (must be similar to magicprefs) which adds more trackpad gestures. Clicking "Allow" or "Allow Always" would appear to "register" the click, but the dialog box wouldn't go away, it would just stay there. After quitting A better touch tool, it now works fine!

Thanks a lot! I also ran MagicPrefs and quiting it also allowed to click on Always allow and to get to a secure note item. Strangely, MagicPrefs did not cause a problem opening a keychain, but it does in the new pop-up window with a password for a protected items.

I found a solution posted to this problem for another mouse app: MagicPrefs. I hope this will also help you:

https://getsatisfaction.com/magicprefs/topics/os-x-10-11-1-keychain-acess-app-bug

I found xquartz was blocking me in a similar way that magicprefs and other programs did. Xquartz is needed by Inkscape on Mac. After I had removed it I could press always allow and it would work.

Also fixed my problem. Wow.

FYI - Snap Z Pro was blocking me from clicking Allow. Kill process if running then delete program.

This was a pretty ridiculous bug to encounter. I was working on setting up OS X Server on a Mac Mini that was located in a server room. I shared the screen of the Mac Mini from my dev machine over a local network. On any popup that had the option to Allow, Deny or Allow Always, I could only click the deny button. Even just hitting enter wouldn't work.

Then when I was trying to "Allow all applications to access this item" on a private key in the system keychain (in the process of exporting my Developer Certificate to the server Mac Mini), it wouldn't let me save changes because of this bug. It would ask for my system password, which I would type in but the save button on the alert was not working.

Finally, after finding this solution, I went into the server room to work on the Mac Mini directly and it now worked. So thanks @gusTeam!

Removing the key and adding it again worked for me.

For everyone that has a fully virtualized Mac Build Environment where connecting a physical mouse is not possible, here is my solution of that problem using command line.

- Get your certificate inclusive private key from a machine with Yosemite as .p12 file (or from your secure corporate certificate storage).

- open a terminal

- execute following command:

"sudo security import <pathToP12> -k login.keychain -t priv -f pkcs12 -A"

- This will install the Certificate and set the Access Control of the private key to allow all Applications. After that no dialog will appear asking to allow usage.

Thanks for this! This method of importing via terminal was exactly what I was looking for.