IAP + Credit Card in APP

Is it possible to have "credit card" top-up within an app beside "IAP"? i.e. VoIP app which needs credit for making call.

as a sample I have seen "Boss Revolution" (

I would like to know if what they are doing is according to Apple's review guideline or not. And if yes, how it could be justified?

Replies

In-App Purchase is tied to the user's iTunes account with its associated credit card. You never see that card information—you just trigger the in-app purchase within your app. If you're wondering about using a calling card, or something like that, maybe include some kind of module that offers alternate forms of payment.

Bob133,

I didn't want to access the credit card which a user provided to apple.

What I was interested to know, validity of having option of "credit card purchase" beside "in app purchase" for VoIP credit in an app

so this is my question:

consider

Apps utilizing a system other than the In-App Purchase API (IAP) to purchase content, functionality, or services in an App will be rejected

how was"Boss Revolutions" able to have both IAP and Credit Card purchase simultaneously in their app ang got approval from Apple?!

Well, your problem is kind of in between real and digital worlds. VoIP credits are obviously not real, but since it's used for a "real" service (not entirely within the app), I'm not sure it's captured by that rule. However, that's my opinion; Apple may think otherwise. My recommendation is to just go with IAP so you get all of the built-in information security features instead of trying to handle credit card information yourself without getting hacked.

You know, you could always email someone at Apple to ask them whether or not it's allowed before you proceed. That's probably the safest plan.

how do i mail some body in apple

Hi did you find a solution as i am facing the same problem and there are lot of apps where payment is external not through iap

loke tesco and lyca

Hi,

did you find any solution for this?

I have the same problem and I see several apps that allow both kind of payments...

We are having the same issue. We offer a calling service and have the option to purchase with a credit card or IAP. Apple rejected it and stated we could only use IAP. But Boss Revolution, Rebtel and others have both. Any update from Apple?

3.1.3(a) “Reader” Apps: Apps may allow a user to access previously purchased content or content subscriptions (specifically: magazines, newspapers, books, audio, music, video, access to professional databases, VoIP, cloud storage, and approved services such as classroom management apps), provided that you agree not to directly or indirectly target iOS users to use a purchasing method other than in-app purchase, and your general communications about other purchasing methods are not designed to discourage use of in-app purchase.