Disable Share Your Information popup

I need to disable the "Share Your Information?" popup on an auto-renewable subscription.

Per Apple's documentation here: "If the product is configured with an opt-in incentive, the personal data sharing dialog appears, asking users to choose to share their information with you." That makes it sound like disabling "Offer a marketing opt-in incentive?" in the settings for the in-app purchase should disable that popup. However, it still shows up for new (Sandbox) accounts. So far, we have only been testing in the Sandbox environment.

Does the popup always show up in that environment or are we missing something? Will it not show once we go to production?

Thanks!

Accepted Reply

The "Share Your Information" dialog can be disabled by App Review. Please submit a request to App Review <mailto://appreview@apple.com//appreview@apple.com>, provide the application ID with the request. App Review may ask for additional information, but they can change the setting which triggers the presentation of this alert to users.

You may be aware of the option for Auto Renewing subscriptions to "Offer a marketing opt-in incentived" - yes/no. This setting controls whether the user will be provided a bonus free period for sharing their information. This option does not control whether the "Share Your Information" alert is presented.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Replies

I have the same question. I'm also wondering, if the message must appear, can it be edited? This seems like a legacy message that does not apply to our app.

Thx,

-steve

The "Share Your Information" dialog can be disabled by App Review. Please submit a request to App Review <mailto://appreview@apple.com//appreview@apple.com>, provide the application ID with the request. App Review may ask for additional information, but they can change the setting which triggers the presentation of this alert to users.

You may be aware of the option for Auto Renewing subscriptions to "Offer a marketing opt-in incentived" - yes/no. This setting controls whether the user will be provided a bonus free period for sharing their information. This option does not control whether the "Share Your Information" alert is presented.

Hi Rich

I have just setup auto renewable products in itunes connect. I added durations but I simply cannot find any button or option to allow adding a marketing opt-in incentive -- yes/no. Where does it appear?

Thanks

Rahat Modi

Rahat,

I did a quick check and I couldn't find the option. I'd suggest that you submit this question to the Distribution/iTunes Connect forum. I'm more of a StoreKit API support person and am not so famiiar with using iTunesConnect.

I have exactly the same issue. I couldn't find the option. In my new app, the pop up "share your info" is displayed, and I don't know how to remove it...

Thanks Rich.. just did that.

Thanks