Downgrade watchOS 2 to 1.0.1

Hi guys

How can I downgrade watchOS 2 to 1.0.1 please

Accepted Reply

You cannot downgrade any pre-release software to previous versions.

The following was written in the watchOS beta Software Installation Guide:

"NOTE: Devices updated to watchOS beta may not be restored to earlier versions of watchOS. Registered development devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final watchOS software."

Replies

but in fact ,there are how many people will buy more than one apple watch for developing?......i don't think it have much. but if we do not upgrade ,how can apple find the minor bugs?

Finding bugs is only a nice sideffect. You're supposed to test your own apps, that's why Apple is releasing prelease software. I know it sounds harsh, but the reality is that developers should have devices dedicated to testing, and if you don't...well, tough luck.

I'm in the same boat as you: I only have one Apple Watch (the one I'm using daily), but I'm not going to install the watchOS beta unless I know that I can live with the bugs. Same goes for my iPhone. I will wait until beta 3 or 4, which should still leave enough time for testing my apps on a real device.

i've tried that - no succes :-(

Apple please give us the option to downgrade

Come on, there's a difference between alpha software and beta software. This watchOS 2 "beta" is really an "alpha". Allow people to downgrade!

Easy to say now that you see people complain.

The point of releasing beta software is so you can get a leg up on new APIs and test your app in new OS releases. If Apple makes it so draconian that once you upgrade you're stuck with buggy releases, it will greatly discourage developers from using their new OS until after GA. Not good for Apple.

I know that as far as i'm concerned, when it comes time for watchOS 3 or whatever, they can have their beta. I'll miss the release by a week or so with my app, but at least i'll get to use my watch for something other than a paperweight while i'm waiting. I no longer trust that apple can keep it together long enough to release a successful os update, beta or otherwise.

That sums up well the decision everyone should be making before they install any beta software, especially when they are advised specifically that it should only be installed on dedicated testing devices and that downgrading is not possible.

If you do not have dedicated devices and the device is important for day to day use, then you should wait for a later release.

It seems message mirrowing is related to phone lock status. On mine, if phone is locked, messages appear on watch. If phone is open, they dont....usually...

This is obvious now, but historically its been easy to downgrade the iPhone from beta releases despite the same dire warning from Apple. It was not obvious that this time the warning needed to be taken seriously after years of false threats.

It is not possible. watchOS 2.0 requires iOS 9.

Ufortunatley the watchOS 2 needs your phone to be running iOS 9. So without your device going back to 8... it will not pair.

I have this also. Also in the messages app on the watch only messages that are in there are iMessages

Hi,

today i asked Apple Support how much the downgrade costs.

They say that they've got the message from Apple, which says that it is free.

Now they come and pick up my watch and "repair" it for free 😉(Must be send to Apple ;D)

Sorry for my bad english and have a nice day

Tom

(Region: Germany)

This is great, because my issue with the beta Watch OS 2 is that it breaks the Haptic Engine and I no longer get vibration pulses on my wrist*. How am I supposed to test different haptic pulses to the user's wrist if the beta** watch OS 2 breaks that?

* Rebooting the watch brings back the haptic engine, however it then stops working again after an undetermined about of time. Plus rebooting the watch takes about 2-3 minutes.

** This is alpha software not beta if it disables the haptic engine and interferes with my testing.

Your haptic engine breaking is excellent news, because it is a bug. That is what beta testing is for.

You can report it to Apple and they will fix it. If you want the bug to continue, do not report it to Apple and they will not fix it.