Email Aliases

I've added aliases to my accounts.plist file which worked fine in Yosemite but they don't work in El Capitan.

I see that the plist file is now under ~/Library/Mail/V3/MailData/Accounts.plist and the same entries are there that were working on Yosemite, but they are just ignored.

I can add email address seperated by commas in the account setup, but that doesn't allow me to change the "send from" name.

Any ideas?

Mark

Replies

I have the same problem. Can't access my .mac aliases.

Fixed when once logged out (all accounts) from the iCloud settings.

Log-in again and all addressess should be available again.

Apple Mail aliases don't seem to work in Mail (UI) at all. They don't stick, and in the compose window the drop-down does not list the alias as a separate account as previous versions of Mail.app — I reported it via Feedback Assistant.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yes, same issue here. Accounts.plist appears to be gone, so the trick to add addresses to e.g. Exchange accounts no longer works. See also https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/5323

Same issue here. Anyone have any fixes?

Yes, my previous email alias has disappeared after installing 10.11 release.

ANNOYING.

The good news: I CAN add the aliases after they were wiped in the (production) 10.11 install.

IF you go to system prefererences -> accounts, you will be disappointed, and confusingly, the Mail -> accounts leads to this locatino. But the facility still exists.

Go to Mail -> Preferences. Then to the second tab, Accounts; the first sub-tab Account Information, and then the Alias entry (third item, after Description).

Dak

Yup, me too...