How long will i get the NEHotspotHelper entitlements after i have emailed to networkextension@apple.com?

I have emailed to networkextension@apple.com and ask for the NEHotspotHelper entitlement in Sep 14, and how long will i get the reply ?

Replies

Did you get the auto ACK containing the questionnaire?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Yes, I got the auto ACK containing the questionnaire,and answer the questionnaire then reply the auto ACK email . My question is when can i get the NEHotspotHelper entitlement for my app, If possible, please make it as soon as possible,many thanks, and my request -Follow-up id is 629960116.

Acknowledgement of Network Extension framework request -Follow-up: 629960116, regards.

For those of you reading along at home, lusonglin121 contacted me via email and I sent him an update in that context.

Also, given that this has nothing to do with multitasking, I’ve moved the thread to CoreOS > Networking.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"

Did you get the entitlements in the end? I have submitted my request on 18th of October and I had NO feeback or updtaes yet!! Does anyone know how long it takes them to process these requests?

… I had NO feeback or [updates] …

Did you get and respond to the questionnaire?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"

I have the same question.

I have submmit my request (NEPacketTunnelProvider entitilements) and respond to the questionaire in Nov 1. My request Follow up is 630993135. How long will it take to process and when can i get the entitlements?

Yes, got an acknowledgment email along with the questionnaire after sending the initial email, I then replied to that email with a little description of the app and answers to the questionnaire. This time though I got no acknowledgment, and no feedback or updates since. A few days ago I tried contacting the support but they just passed me to different sections .. in the end someone said I should email networkextension@apple.com again and ask for feedback!! But that doesn’t seem to work… I am not even sure they’ve got my request ..

Would you be able to chase this up for me please?

IMPORTANT The following now applies only to the entitlement required to use NEHotspotHelper (

com.apple.developer.networking.HotspotHelper
). The entitlement required to use other Network Extension providers (
com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension
) is now available to all developers. See this post for details.

There’s obviously a lot of concern about this issue, so I want to outline the overall process and make some general suggestions about how to proceed.

To start, here’s how the current process works:

1. You kick off the process by filling in the Network Extension Framework Request form. You email networkextension@apple.com.

2. It sends you an auto-ACK with a follow-up number and a questionnaire.

3. You respond to the questionnaire.

4. Your request is then put into a queue to process. Unless there’s something that needs to be clarified, you will receive no more emails until your request is either denied or approved.

5. You’ll be sent an email that denies or approves your request.

Step 4 can take a while (weeks, not months), so please be patient. If your request has been in that state for more than a month, feel free to drop me a line via email (my address is in my signature, below) and I can check on its state. Make sure to include your follow-up number in that email.

Two things to note:

• I’m not going to post individual status updates to DevForums because DevForums is meant to be a public forum, not a place to conduct one-on-one business. [It’d be nice if DevForums supported one-on-one Apple/developer messaging, but that’s not currently possible (r. 20,998,157).]

• DTS is not directly involved in the approval process, so my typical response to queries like this “it’s in the queue pending approval”. However, every now and again something gets lost, so I’m happy to check on a request if it’s been in step 4 for longer than a month.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"

Hi, it is over a month now (submited the questionnaire on October 18th) would you please chase this up for me?

My follow-up ID is: 630189002

Not via DevForums, which is not the right place to discuss official Apple business. Please follow the instructions from my 6 Nov post.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"

Hi,

I'm waiting for 9 weeks now and I still don't have any clues if my request is going to be accepted or rejected.

I know you probably have a lot of people asking for those APIs and I know you said this can take a while but come on, we need to know if we can start on our project or not.

The worst part is we can't even test those APIs for dev pupose only, so we can't even be sure if they will work accordingly with our needs.

Thanks for your time.

Hi,
I have send mail to networkextension@apple.com more than 3 weeks and still no answer.And i found that you have re-edited your response.You updated the way like this 'kick off the process by filling in the Network Extension Framework Request form'.Should i submit a request again?And,if i submitted a request by filling in the Network Extension Framework Request form,would i wait a month again?

Thanks.

Should i submit a request again?

No. Requests submitted via email still work, it’s just that the web form is more efficient.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Hello,I want achive below things in my app:

1) Annotate Wifi networks in the WiFi network scanner (Display WiFi networks in the iOS X network scanner with a little tag that displays something (my company name, for example) under the SSID name.)

2) Authenticate for WiFi Hotspots in backgorund .

So I ask for these entitlements by https://developer.apple.com/contact/network-extension/,but the request was refused.

The reasons for refusal :

1)Thank you for your interest in the Network Extension framework. Unfortunately, these APIs are not designed for the use you’ve identified. We’ll let you know if that changes.

2)The NEHotspotHelper APIs are meant to be used by hotspot network implementers to facilitate connections to known wireless networks that they manage.

Maybe anything wrong with my request.Could anyone give me an example to fill in the Network Extension Framework Request form .Thank you very much.