App Store missing

Shouldn't the App Store be available now? I am not seeing it on my dev kit and the ATV says there are no updates.

Do I need to connect/restore through iTunes to install the final tvOS version?

Accepted Reply

Please follow the instructions in this post to update to the release version of tvOS: Updating Dev Kits to the Release Version of tvOS

Replies

I’ve just updated the GM build 13T396 to the final 13T396 available on the developer site (you need to rename the downloaded .zip to .ipsw and restore from iTunes holding the Option key and select Restore Apple TV button. My iTunes is 12.3.1.23. HDMI cable was disconnected.). Now I can see the AppStore icon! I’m located in Italy. Before the update I’ve checked with the GM build and there was no AppStore icon, so I think the update with the final build is mandatory to see it.

The easiest way is to just hook it up to iTunes and do a restore. It will restore with the full retail OS, including App Store.

Would be nice but Apple did not include a USB-C cable in the second batch of DEV units they mailed out.

So I am stuck here now. Hopefully they release an update today at 1PM ET so that all of us who did not get a cable would be able to update.

I just ordered a cable from Amazon but it won't be here until next week.

BTW if you go to Settings > System > Reset > Restore you get an error message of "Apple TV Update - Apple TV can't download the latest update right now. Try again later."

They did include a USB-C cable in the box.

BTW I noticed my Test Flight Icon is gone from the menu.

They DID NOT include a cable in the box for the second wave of Developer units.

Yea, I was in 2nd batch also and just got the lightining cable. No USB-C.

I've tried everything I can think of to force an OTA update (including factory reset, then restore), but I still get the error on restore that updates can't be loaded at this time.

If anyone has any luck with an OTA update, please post it here. Otherwise I'm off to search for a USB-C this afternoon.

I was in the 2nd wave. I went out and purchased a cable. Downloaded the latest build, everything updated fine. I'm now up and running.

I ordered this cable form Amazon after a failed attempt at Best Buy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010VFFSL4

It should come by tomorrow and then I will be up and running.

I also just got the Games and tvOS tutorial from Ray Wenderlich so I am very excited to work on that!

It's too bad apple doesn't carry this cable in their stores so I could have run over and got one earlier.

would be nice but doesn't work:

"The Apple TV software update server could not be contacted. The requested resource was not found."

😟

(Downloading the production image from the developer site now ...)

Downloading the production image from the developer site now

Might be wasting your time...that is likely the old GM, not the public version you want - stick with iTunes/restore...that error is just the backend waving you off due to high loads - keep trying.

Please follow the instructions in this post to update to the release version of tvOS: Updating Dev Kits to the Release Version of tvOS

i am getting the same thing...cannot connect to restore server

time to troubleshoot something that should be easy

The image posted at https://developer.apple.com/tvos/download/ is the release version. You could do an erase and restore using this image as an alternative to using the iTunes restore method.

Yea, that is what im going to do now. I just have to download the image