XCode 7.1 Archive behaviour changes

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is a behaviour changes for archiving on xcode 7.1. For some reason, ONLY on ARCHIVE, our code base no longer compiles with xcode 7.1 with the error saying that `file not found` when trying to import a third part static library.

Before I jump into anything deep, I was wondering if anyone could help me

Thanks

Replies

No solution, but I have the same issue.

I was having the same problem with my project after upgrading to xcode 7.1. I could compile and run my apps but archive would fail. In my particular case it was complaining about <RestKit/RestKit.h> missing.

After lots of searching and digging I finally found a change that allows me to archive again. I added one line to "Header Search Paths" for my target in Build Settings:

"$(BUILD_DIR)/../IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Headers"

There may be a better solution but this worked for me.

Thank You!
This worked for me after several rabbit holes and finger pointing between Apple, RestKit and Cocoapods.
@jason.green How did you figure this out? Looking in the build directory?

kwab,

I will build my app using command line tools sometimes so I added -showBuildSettings to display the "environment". I was able to deduce from that output what needed to change. It still took some trial and error though.

xcodebuild -showBuildSettings -project myproj.xcodeproj -scheme myScheme -configuration QA -archivePath "$ARCHIVEQA" archive

Thanks for posting this, I ran into exactly the same issue and this took care of it for me.

>and this took care of it for me.

In which case feel free to tag it as 'This helped me...'. Tis' the season, after all 😉

I seem to have run into the same issue but the solution above does not fix it for more.

Does anyone have more insight into what changed between Xcode 6.4 and Xcode 7 ?