10.11.1 Beta 4 - Missing Skylake drivers for new 27" iMac

Hey,

I just wanted to tell you, that the new 27" iMac 5k Retina iMac is not working properly with 10.11.1 because of missing Skylake drivers.

For example the USB ports don't work correctly. External storage drives do not connect at all or maybe only on one port with very slow (2.0) speed.

It has a special build 15A4310 if 10.11.0 on it. Which seems only to be available over Internet Recovery. Downloading El Capitan from the AppStore is not possible.

Accepted Reply

Unfortunate if true. I was planning on ordering one this week but I think i would need to get 10.11.1 on it to be able to use Migration Assistant. ugh.

Replies

Unfortunate if true. I was planning on ordering one this week but I think i would need to get 10.11.1 on it to be able to use Migration Assistant. ugh.

Anyone have an idea how this will be resolved? Will they have Skylake drivers included in OSX 10.11.* eventually?

I want a new 5k. 😠

The final version of 10.11.1 is out now. I will try it tommorrow on my new iMac.

I saw so I went ahead and ordered the 5K. Hopefully it works. 😁

Cross fingers 🙂 (I'm pretty sure it will based on some of the chatter on other forums).

Enjoy the lovely new retina screen!

-Max

danke. 🙂

works fine here

Hey,

I did not read it on other forums. Maybe I wrote it there. 😉 It was my own experience. The first thing I have done was ugrading to 10.11.1 Developer Beta 4 and the USB ports did not work correctly until I got back to the build of 10.11.0 that was preinstalled. I don't know if there were other issues too.

Now it's time to upgrade my iMac to the final version. I am pretty sure it is fixed.

I think they wanted to hide some details about the new iMacs in the last beta of 10.11.1, because it was out before they were released.

Edit: Final version is working perfect now. 😊