Watch OS 2 App ID not accepted

What would cause this error when creating an App ID for an Apple Watch OS 2 extension?

"An App ID with Identifier '<bundle id>.watchkitapp.watchkitextension' is not available. Please enter a different string."

Can someone snipe our extension name? Did Xcode autogenerate an App ID but it remains hidden in the Member Center?

This seems a ridiculous thing to waste a support incident on. I tried renaming the Watch OS 2 bundles, but iTunes Connect does not like the two Watch app bundles having different names. It explicitly disallows this: "Invalid Bundle Identifier. More than one WatchKit app bundle identifier"

Replies

Happened with me too. It looks weird that someone would have snipped our ID but from the look of things that seems to the only possibility. Did you find anything further on this?

Make sure Xcode has not automatically created an App ID for you (probably named Xcode iOS App ID com yourcompany yourapp watchkitapp watchkitextension).

It should not remains hidden.

I thoroughly checked in my App IDs & xcode hasn't created any id matching the one that I'm trying to create

Same here. I also thoroughly checked in my App IDs & xcode hasn't created any id matching the one that I'm trying to create. I only have one Apple ID in the program so it's not hiding there (as others have reported).

Happened to us too, but it was Xcode at fault. One of the devs clicked the "Fix issue" (evil) button, and it created the WatchKit app ID into his Free Developer account, which we have no way of accessing from the Member Center.

Seems very brittle system Apple has put in place with this bundle id naming requirement, specially since anyone can register any string...

Still waiting a response from Apple.

Is there any response from Apple? It aslo happened to me....😟

I do not know the reason. But, as the error message says, I added a string "2" to the end of the extension bundle ID. It solved the error. Like this: "com.company.appname.watchkitapp.watchkitextension2"

It published to the "com.company.appname" App successfully.