Why?

True the old forum software has problems but this new one is a nightmare.

Replies

Did we loose all the old forum threads ?

Are all levels reset to 0 ?!?

It seems so... Anyway the good thing is that I could finally reserve my first name 😀

Why a nightmare? I really like it. Maybe it needs some time to get used to.

Old forums are archived: View the Apple Developer Forum archives.

And yes, all reps/levels are back to zero.

Too much white space. No ability to quote in place. Now has spell checker, but the way it works is so '80s. Can't attach images...yet.

Seems like they're using the public support forum software, which is not a plus in my book, but oh well.

I do have to say the way search works now is a big plus, tho, making an effort to auto-search when posting, and all dates as the default search was long ovedue, so thanks for that.

My biggest problem with the new forum is that the font is horrible for reading. Gray thin font on a white background is just an incredibly bad idea.

There's a whole lot of bugs with this new update and from what i've seen, Apple hasn't been responding to anyone.

I've seen dozens of posts on multiple sites about now being able to enroll/ reenroll in the new developer program (me included) and some people even lost access to their accounts. What's worse, in my opinion, is that Apple just has an "Unknown error" appear and doesn't mention a "Hey we know there's a problem and we are working on it" like they have done with things in the past.

Another thing i've noticed is that the "Follow" threads or entire fourms hasn't been working whether it's just me or everyone I'm not sure.

I'm not a huge fan of how the fourms now look as well. The readability of it is poor.

CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS FOR ME:

I'm not enrolled in the developer program (This apple account has never been enrolled) but I have access to every fourm and am able to comment and create new threads. Did Apple open all the fourms for everyone?

Font is effectively hardly readable, and all the lost space makes it more difficult to browse.

In addition, I appreciated the counters of views / edits in previous version.

Is there a way other than this forum to push the message to Apple : PLEASE, IMPROVE THE FORUM or return to older one !

Globally, there is no pleasure at all in the new user experience. Bad from Apple.

There appear to be some really fascinating choices for objectionable word filtering, too.

Words related to talking with a judge concerning matters:

lawyer

legal

lawsuit

Some of those got the asterisk treatment in a reply in a different thread. 😝

"I'm not enrolled in the developer program (This apple account has never been enrolled) but I have access to every fourm and am able to comment and create new threads. Did Apple open all the fourms for everyone?"

I sincerely hope not. The ratio of information to crap will get completely distroyed.

Hello, Ken,

Did they even strip your nice record? At least you are already on Level 2 ;-)

See you around – and thank you so much for still being around!

Kind regards, Lars

PS: And yes, I also feel lost in this forum of white space and lifestyle typography.

Not sure how to put a quote on here but Claude31 said:

"Font is effectively hardly readable, and all the lost space makes it more difficult to browse."

Using a 21 inch monitor sitting at my desk, I cannot read the font without nudging my head close to the screen...or squinting.

Some things have improved. It's much better to look at from an iPhone, but I don't like categories dropping down accordion style. I also liked being able to see the latest post in all the topics at a glance on the main page in the old forums.

Another problem (unless I'm missing how it works) is that older threads seem to disappear off the bottom of the list based on some criteria (age? number of threads?). I can't find a way to get to a "Page 2" if there is one. (Note: I'm not referring to the archive of the old forum -- I mean old threads in the NEW forum).

CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS FOR ME:

I'm not enrolled in the developer program (This apple account has never been enrolled) but I have access to every fourm and am able to comment and create new threads. Did Apple open all the fourms for everyone?

Including the Beta/pre-release forum group right now?

◅▻

Yes,

I've asked Apple about it and about why I can't enroll in the program beacuse of the "Unknown error" but no responce as of yet.