Can't use my devices dyld_shared_cache_extract_dylibs failed

Hi,

I can't use anymore my devices to debug my apps since I updated Xcode! When I connect one device and I try to run an app, the following message is displayed:

dyld_shared_cache_extract_dylibs failed

I already tried the following steps to solve my problem:

1. Delete folders in "
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/
    "
  2. Delete Xcode, and reinstall from Mac App Store
  3. Install the pre-release of Xcode 7.1 (same problem)
  4. Update OS X with El Capitan
  5. Execute command-line "sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force"
  6. Try with other devices

All my devices are using iOS 9.0.2

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much,

Flo

Accepted Reply

Look for a directory in ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport/ that matches the version of the OS on your device. Please zip it up and attach it to a radar at http://bugreport.apple.com.

After doing that, I suspect that if you delete that directory and restart, you might be able to get past the issue.

Replies

Look for a directory in ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport/ that matches the version of the OS on your device. Please zip it up and attach it to a radar at http://bugreport.apple.com.

After doing that, I suspect that if you delete that directory and restart, you might be able to get past the issue.

I am encountring this issue for 9.2.1. Your solution seems to work for every one. But unfortunately in my case this doen't fix the issue.

I have latest OSX El Capitan 10.11.3. (15D21)

Xcode 7.2.1 (7C1002)

Problem is I don't see a subdirectory in above mentioned directory matching my iOS ( which is 9.2.1). Maximum I have is 9.2 (13C75). And if I remove/delete this and restart my XCode or even my system I start getting "Could not find Developer Disk Image".

Please let me, is there any way to solve this. I have reported this on bugreport.apple.com and there is no reply from Apple yet.

Thanks in advance

I followed your advice but it simply led to another error message.

Before Deleting the directory iOS11(15A372)

Error Message: "dyld_shared_cache_extract_dylibs failed"

After Deleting the directory iOS11(15A372)

Error Message: "Could not locate device support files - This iPhone 6S is running iOS11(15A372) which may not be supported by this version of Xcode"

My phone's operating system is iOS11.0 and it's Xcode 9. I've also tried deleting and re-installing XCode to no avail.

This has not resolve the issue for me unfortunatelly. I closed XCode, went to the location you suggest ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport and deleted directory 13.3.1 (since that is same version as my OS on my iPad.

After that I restarted XCode, opened my workspace, Project > Clean, Project > Build, Run and I got the same error again.

Also the directory 13.3.1 got recreated inside ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport

XCode 10.2.1

OS Mojave

Hi there, I still encounter that problem and nothing at SO neither here helped me to solve the problem. But I found a workaround at least. In Xcode click on your project name (next to the device) where you can change the scheme. Click edit scheme -> select run from the left control pane and uncheck "Debug executable". Like this it starts at least. Hope this helps someone else out there I have no clue where this bug came from. Everything worked great, I had no break points etc. The only thing that happened before the error I can remember was I connected a "managed company device" and Xcode rejected it. After that I didnt work anymore.

Xcode Version 13.1 (13A1030d) OS Monterey