Beacons and iOS 9

I have a RegionMonitoring app that was working fine on iOS 8. The same code running on iOS 9 has now stopped detecting beacons. Region Monitoring otherwise is functioning normally. It's just not seeing the beacons. Does anyone have any insight on what I might need to change to get this working again under iOS 9? Thanks.

Accepted Reply

Thanks for the reply. I actually just now figured it out. Geographic regions were still working. Just beacon regions stopped working. Turns out to be a combination of two things. There's a new CLLocationManager property called allowsBackgroundLocationUpdates that I had to set to YES. I also had to update the firmware on the beacons.

Replies

"stopped detecting beacons. Region Monitoring otherwise is functioning normally"

Does this mean geographic regions are working but not beacon regions?

Or does it mean beacon regions are working but you can't see the beacons otherwise? How are you trying to see the beacons. Ranging? Some other method?

Thanks for the reply. I actually just now figured it out. Geographic regions were still working. Just beacon regions stopped working. Turns out to be a combination of two things. There's a new CLLocationManager property called allowsBackgroundLocationUpdates that I had to set to YES. I also had to update the firmware on the beacons.