USB Audio Failing

I've observed USB audio seems to fail in El Capitan Developer Preview 1 using a CEntrance HiFi-M8. This device supports a range of 2 channel 24 bit formats (44.1KHz, 48.0KHz, 88.2KHz, 96.0KHz, 176.4KHz, 192.0KHz, etc.). While it worked just great in Yosemite, what seems to occur now is a grainy/garbled sound that seems a bit like the wrong format is being played even when 44.1KHz is selected in Audio MIDI setup and a 44.1KHz file is played in iTunes or in Safari.

Replies

I can't get an audio path through the M-Audio Fast Track but the MIDI channel is recognized in Audition and Garage Band. The control pannel claims no Harware connected. Not good.

Me neither, although the MIDI channel is there. The iMac knows it's connected to USB but it won't see it as an audio I/O option.

I'm using Northstar USB DAC 32.

I upgraded my Macbook pro (late 2011, i7 2.2 - 8G RAM) from Yosemiti to El Capitan the day before yesterday.

When the usb cable from my DAC is inserted to my Macbook, it suddenly dies out....

Reading paragraphs witten above, thd DAC problem seems universal.

I hope this problem should be solved ASAP.

Macbook Pro 13-inch Retina (Early 2015)

Cubase Elements 7

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 won't come up as an audio output in System Preferences.

Won't come up as an audio output in Cubase as a result of it.

Audio input is also "off-and-on".

I hope they fix this problem soon.

Same for me Nuforce uDAC 3.

Apple quiet like a mouse if something's broken – again...

from Focusrite's site:

"Scarlett 2i2, Scarlett 2i4, Scarlett Solo

Works with El Capitan? YES

Points of note: Scarletts will only work with Cubase 8 when both the interface and the DAW are set to either 44.1kHz or 48kHz before opening Cubase. If either (or both) are set to 88.2kHz or 96kHz, the Scarletts will be selectable, but no audio will pass into or out from the DAW. We are working with Steinberg to resolve this issue and hope to have a resolution shortly."

Has anyone checked with the manufacturer of their particular device? They may have more info on El Capitan compatibility.

As I mentioned in an earlier post. My DAC is working.

Same here...as of October 8th I get nothing out of my Fast Track Pro and it's not recognized by the computer.

+1 Nuforce uDAC 2 is not working either after upgrading to El Capitan.

Focusrite offers a fix to allow the 2i2 to access Apple's audio interface, but I'm hesitant to install it.

Waiting on an El Capitan fix from Apple. Until then, I'm dead in the water.

M-Audio recommends against updating to El Capitan… I read that to late. They talk about their devices being ‘Class Compliment” and not requiring "special provisions or the need to install driver.” I got error 5364. I manually removed the .prefs, Drivers and Extensions. I had to dust off an old MacBook Pro to get some work done.

I have got Medeli E-drums, they works well on OS X Yosemite, but on El Capitan - I can play on them only for several seconds, after that there is no signal from them, until I will not to remove USB cable...

Maybe somebody can help me, should I wait until this problem will be fixed or possibly it can be never done, and roll back to previous verions of OS X is the best solution?

Same here! Fast Track Pro and nothing shows up 😠