This app is not allowed to query for scheme...

Hi!

WIth iOS 9 Beta 1 I always get "This app is not allowed to query for scheme..." message when trying to use UIApplication's canOpenURL: or openURL: methods. I didn't find any hint on how to grant permission for that query. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

Ingo.

Accepted Reply

Right. You'll have to declare the URL schemes, you want to use in your Info.plist. Use the key LSApplicationQueriesSchemes for that.

Note: Apps that were built before iOS 9 will always return NO for canOpenURL as soon as they checked 50 different schemes. Even rebooting the device doesn't reset those!

There will also be session 509 about the new "Universal Links" called "Seamless Linking to Your App" on Thursday.

Replies

Same here.

Existing apps seem to work fine but recompiling them for iOS 9 causes the canOpenURL error, even when querying the apps own methods.

Hi,

we have the same problem. A permission seems plausible.

Regards,

Henning

The answer has been posted here: https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/7973#7973

Right. You'll have to declare the URL schemes, you want to use in your Info.plist. Use the key LSApplicationQueriesSchemes for that.

Note: Apps that were built before iOS 9 will always return NO for canOpenURL as soon as they checked 50 different schemes. Even rebooting the device doesn't reset those!

There will also be session 509 about the new "Universal Links" called "Seamless Linking to Your App" on Thursday.

Hi

My use case: I own a iOS SDK which other iOS developers can use to integrate with their app. My SDK communicates with another app A(owned by me)on the device. Can I define LSApplicationQueriesSchemes in the Info-plist of my sdk distribution and the developer's app (which integrates with my sdk) will be able to communicate with the app A? is it possible or the developer has to explicitly define LSApplicationQueriesSchemes in his app's plist to communicate with the app A.

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks

Rahul