ios9 wifi not fully working

After installing iOS9 I am unable to join my WPA2 Enterprise wifi network. At first it was just saying invalid password, now its saying it cannot even find the network(hidden SSID entered manualy).

Replies

Same problem with iOS 9.0.1

Did you all report this BUG to Apple?

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Here is more about this issue in the Public User forum ;

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7219555

And here is a link to Meru about the problem with new iPhone 6 models;

https://community.merunetworks.com/merunetworks/topics/devices-updated-to-ios-9-unable-to-connect

(A temporary woraround is to first connect to another AP and ten connect to the Meru ones...)

/J

Strange, but this worked on my iPhone 6 plus.

Trying to connect to Meru enterprise network, but could not. Had a hard time discovering the networks even. Then created hotspot, connected to it, opened Wi-Fi-settings, and the enterprise network showed up immediately. Selected the network and I was asked to add certificate.

Now it works like a charm.

Thank you Tom!

Tom,

Do it work if you turn off the WIFI on your phone and then turn it on again...

/J

Hi,

i'm working in a location where we can access our private phones 9.1 beta2 via a hotspot which is provide by an external partner and we musst accept the T&C and than the landingpage if forwared to the puplic internet.

Now the forwarding from the landingpage to the puplic internet is not working since beta 9.1, but it was working with 9.1.. Since yesterday evening I have 9.1. beta 2 same issue.

If i try this hotspot via my business phone it is working. Iphone & 9.0.1

any one with this issue...?

It appears that iOS 9.0.1 was released, stating that it fixes an issue with custom APN's. Any feedback on this update as it relates to this issue? We have users on our Meru WiFi systems that don't connect automatically anymore.

I'm still having problem with wifi issue IOS 9.O.1 won't recognize hidden SSID on linky smart wifi router.

We are having this issue with all of our iOS 9.01 devices 5c,5s, and 6. In 9.1 beta 2 it won't connect and asks for a password but if left alone for a few minutes it connects to the any of the saved SSIDs both hidden and broadcasting.

iPhone 6+ Dev Beta 2, and iPhone 6s+ Public Beta 2 both cannot connect to WPA2 Enterprise Wireless.

Environment:

• TTLS with PAP inner auth
  • trusted cert included in bundle
  • iOS 9.0.1 and iOS 9.1 Beta 1 both worked on both devices.

Server side error:

Radius server returns 'SSL Verify Failed'

I hope apple get the bottom of it fix hidden said wifi issue. 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 still not fix the wifi issue.

😟

Put the phone into Airplane mode then go to wifi and swtich on WIFI ONLY. Connect to the network. Switch off Airplane mode.

The phone should remain connected to the wifi network

The latest beta 4 still doesn't work with WPA Enterprise networks.

Apple: If there is any information we / you can give to help resolve this issue - could you please let us know?

I'm also having iOS 9.0.2 Wi-Fi WPA2 Personal connection issues with my LAN access point, using an iPhone 5s. I have ~40 other devices connected to my Linksys router's AP using an unadvertised (hidden) SSID and MAC filtering without any problems. When I advertise (unhide) my SSID, and continue MAC filtering, the iOS 9.0.2 iPhone 5s automatically recognizes my known SSID. When I un-advertise (hide) my SSID, and stop MAC filtering, the iOS 9.0.2 iPhone 5s automatically recognizes my known SSID. Only when I un-advertise (hide) my SSID AND MAC filter, does the 9.0.2 iPhone 5s fail to automatically recognize my known SSID, (manual connects also fail). It appears that Apple has decided to scramble the MAC address even when the iPhone is awake now. [Appearantly in iOS 8, the MAC address was only scrambled when the phone was asleep. I guess that since the iPhone only fully goes to sleep when it is OFF, AND out of WiFi AND cellular range kind of defeated the privacy concern about department stores tracking your radio pinging your MAC address and getting tracked.] I applaud what Apple is trying to do , but I would hope that in future upgrades that they would enable MAC address scrambling only when outside your list of known networks, or add a switch to disable scrambling. I think it is counterproductive to solve one privacy issue at the expense of opening back up a security issue.

P.S. I'm not interested in a discussion about the utility of hidden SSIDs and MAC filtering. Security is a onion, it has many layers because each has holes. The overall protocol is strong because of the compounded layers.

Same issue here. Tripple-checked everything. I'm having this issue since I updated the software on the phone. All other devices work flawlessly except my iphone. 😟 Hope they fix this ASAP!!