WatchOS 2 - Calendar data not Syncing

Phone on 9.0GM (13A340), Watch on WatchOS 2 GM (13S343). No calendars (iCloud or Exhcange) are syncing. New appointments freshly added don't sync to watch. Removing the calendars entirely from the iPhone and re-adding them back adds to the phone but still does not sync to watch. Watch restarted, Phone restarted - no change in behavior, no calendar data on the watch.

Calendar settings in Watch App are "Mirror my iPhone"

Watch App >> General >> Reset >> Reset Sync Data does nothing.

Re-paired Watch and setup as new: no fix.

All other watch syncing (contacts, mail, etc.) seem to be working fine.

Any ideas? Any others with similar behavior?

Accepted Reply

Good news Developer Friends!

I've determined the root cause.

This is caused by Secure Open In. Basically you must allow "Allow Documents from Managed Sources in Unmanaged Destinations"

Essentially probably because of Handoff or something related to it, it views your Calendar as a Managed Data Point and your device (Apple Watch) as an unmanaged location.

The main reason for this is that the way file transfer works between Apple Device and Apple Watch is why this behavior would occur. You can read more about it here: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/General/Conceptual/WatchKitProgrammingGuide/DesigningaWatchKitApp.html

The key item to understand with it is: At runtime, you share files between processes by reading and writing those files in the shared container directory. To access the container directory, use the

containerURLForSecurityApplicationGroupIdentifier:
method of
NSFileManager
to retrieve the base URL for the directory. Use the provided URL to enumerate the directory contents, or create new URLs for files in the directory.

Replies

Deleting my watch from my iphone and then re-pairing it seemed to work for now. This was the only thing that showed some sort of resolution.

Same exact problem here. No calendar data. I have a corporate profile on my phone. I still get email which has significantly more confidential data than the calendar.

I have the same issues here using exchange with Airwatch.

I tried unpairing and repair-ing but the issue is still here. Did you restore the watch from back up or pair it as a new watch?

Unfortunately turning off this setting essentially disables company managed data controls — one of the primary security controls firms use MDM for. Basically to work around this bug, you have to turn off security.

Same issue here. Really disapointed since I already tried to re-pair the watch, reinstall the mail accounts in my iphone and also erase all watch data. I have both iCloud and corporate e-mail in my iPhone and none of them are working. Any tips?

I have exactly the same problem with Mobile Iron

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? It is driving me crazy, I would downgrade my watch over this problem.

Same problem here, no Support untilgbar now!

Apple: Do something!!

Indeed, same problem here ;-(

Tried all earlier mentioned options without any result.

- 1 corporate mail, 1 yahoo mail, 5 icloud accounts, ...

- removed profiles

- removed applwatch connection on iPhone and re-connected again

- added and removed new calendar

- icloud enabled sync / disabled and enabled again

- installed Fantastic 2 and seems to be working (so syncing does work, only not with the original AppleWatch Calendar)

Any other suggestions?

I have the same issue. Do you guys still get meeting notifications on the watch? I created test meeting using iCloud calendar, and it didnt show up on the watch. Hovever i did get 15 mins meeting notification for it.

I am having same issue -- once I upgraded to Watch OS 2 - the calendar sync function ofAppleWatch with my iPhone corporate calendar stopped working I am now using Fantatical and that works as standalone app -- looks likeApple fails to recognize problem -- any one have affix please ??? Thx B

Does Fantastical work with corp enterprise acc, so i can find a person to schedule a meeting etc? Lets hope this is temp until Apple fixes this disaster ( one of key features why people buy this thing is notifications including meeting alerts...)

Hi Bonic -- I am using Fantastical to reflect my enterprise outlook calendar on the Apple Watch -- so I have not scheduled any meets using -- as far as I can tell you can see your enterprise list on the iPhone. However, on the watch you can setup events with limited options but I have not wanted to go beyond getting what is on my Corp calendar -/ hope this Calendar sync gets fixed -- I know a few folks that bought Apple Watches and are returning them as we all jumped in on the OS 2 bandwagon -- and are now wishing we did not upgrade -- Thx b

Update: It is interesting that seems i am getting notifications on my watch for meeting in my exchange account even though the watch calendar is completely empty. It is true if u create new event on my iphone exchange calendar So the data. Comes accross to the watch, but somehow doesnt populate the calendar.

I'm having the same problem except I can't even get the calendar app to open on the watch. I'm using google calendar and have no MDM profiles on my phone. Trying a complete reset and re-pair now without restoring from back-up. Will let you know if it works.