Is there any real difference between ios 9 beta and final released ios 9?

is there any real difference between ios 9 beta and final released ios 9? in apps, interface or any other function?

Accepted Reply

@vj.in - There are a lot of bug fixes and subtle improvements, too numerous to mention and too complicated because we'd have to pick an arbitrary beta to compare to. Basically there's no advantage on staying on a beta of iOS 9.0 and plently of good reasons for updating to the release version that became available yesterday.

-Max

Replies

Betas expire.

As for differences, check the release and diff notes.

Do you mean differences between 9.0 betas and final 9.0?

Or do you mean 9.1 Beta 1 and final 9.0?

Yes, I mean differences between 9.0 betas and final ios 9.0. Is there any interface or apps difference?

Did the betas have the new News app?

Yes, the betas had the News app. (Well, not the first developer seed, or maybe the second, but it showed up pretty early.)

There are the usual minor tweaks and UI experiments in the various builds, but not as much as in other years. (The iOS 7 betas had massive UI changes in each seed.)I read in some review somewhere that the blur filter used in the app switcher had been bumped up a bit in the GM build, but I haven't noticed any significant changes during the beta process this year.

@vj.in - There are a lot of bug fixes and subtle improvements, too numerous to mention and too complicated because we'd have to pick an arbitrary beta to compare to. Basically there's no advantage on staying on a beta of iOS 9.0 and plently of good reasons for updating to the release version that became available yesterday.

-Max

Thank You Max. Actually I updated it to 9.1 beta and then facing app crash problems. So I'm thinking to go back to release version on ios 9.

I've back up of ios 8.4 and saved it to different location then created other back-up of ios 9.1 beta. planning to try toupdate it to ios 9. if it doesn't work then I've both back-ups. I'll restore back-up of 9.1 when release version of 9.1 is available.

BTW I talked to Apple support and they told me if I save back-up files to diffrent location to keep all back-ups then I can replace any back-up by copying it to back-up location on my pc. Hope it works 😀

It does work 🙂 - they call it archiving your backup. Later versions of iOS overwrite the backups from previous versions (backing up on 9.1 won't touch your 8.4 backup, but it will overwrite a 9.0 backup), so copying them to a different location is a way of saving them from this.

If you have a different question about getting your device and user info onto the final release of 9.0, create a new thread about it and I'll try to help you get it done.

Thanks Max. I'm using windows 10 pc and iTunes on windows doesn't have archive option. (Itunes > Preferences > Device > right click and select Archive) when i try this on Back file right click doesn't work and there is no other way to archive back-up file. I talked about that to Apple Call Centre people too. They suggested to copy back-up files as for windows iTunes doesn't have archive option.