iPhone 6 clock time offset

I'm not sure yet if this is a bug in iOS 9 or other issue. The clock on my Verizon iPhone 6 is fast by about 2 minutes.

Other iPhones in the house have accurate time, but this one which has the iOS9 beta has the 2 minute offset.

Tried setting manually and then set back to auto, and it then goes back to the 2 minutes fast time. Tried resetting

network settings, no change. Tried setting to Airplane mode to turn off cellular (for just WiFi connection) and back on, no change.

Is this something with Verizon time server or an iOS issue?

Carl

Replies

my iphone 6 on verizon is still about 2 min fast. i was running public beta 9.0 and upgraded to 9.0 today. ipad air on verizon was fine on the beta and still fine.

The release today did not fix my time issue on my iPad Air 2. This gets out it will be timegate! Why does there always have to be a gate of some kind each time there is a major release?

couldn't take it anymore. ended up backing up, and then restoring through itunes. had to setup apple pay touch id and some work apps not in the app store but it was worth it to my ocd lol

Mine is still 2 min fast after updating to the 9.0 release today. I don't think it is the phone HW, but not yet understood. I'll try to get support through AppleCare with the public release now. I haven't heard anything yet on the bug I submitted earlier.

So did the complete wipe/restore fix the problem for you?

yes synced up with all my other i-devices now, which are all accurate

Same issue here (2 minutes faster). If i am not mistaken, it's been that way since the last iOS 9 beta and updating to iOS 9 today didn't help. My iPhone 6 is on T-Mobile.

Looks like I spoke too soon. After upgrading to 9.0 release the time was good for the rest of the day. But this morning it is two minutes ahead again. Disabled time sync and manually set the correct time.

As a test, I wrote a small app that simply displays the time. It matches what is shown in the staus bar, confirming that this isn't a display bug.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm saying it again: have all of you filed bugs about this? It's important to let Apple know that this is a common issue across many regions and carriers. The Bug Reporter can be accessed here: bugreport.apple.com

I opened a bug ticket with Apple on the 13th. I also updated it this morning letting them know about this thread.

Bug filed yesterday morning

Did the wipe/restore and it fixed the time offset.

I talked to AppleCare, and they didn't have any info on this problem. Just said set it manually and they would keep an eye on it to see if a bug. I decided to wipe/restore the phone as last resort to fix this offset, and this worked! Takes a long time to restore 128Gb phone, but at least the time is now automatically correct. Thanks ScottK for the idea. Hopefully it is fundamentally fixed and will not re-appear once it runs for awhile.

I too could not wait any longer and wiped/restored my iPad Air 2. I have a 64GB version of the iPad was only using about 24GB. The restore of the iOS 9 software went without a hitch and the iPad did restart with the correct time. I then let it restore the applications from the backup and it has been running for over 2 hours. It is still restoring but painfully slow. Further there is no indication of level completion from the iTunes 12.3 program. If you were to look at iTunes on the iMac everything looks complete but when I open the iPad it is still restoring. Totally bizarre. One other thing it seems to be downloading the apps I had instead of restoring them from the backup like it used to do.

Apple says the bug number is 22488370.